HELP! Can't decide!

I have an old clunker converted from a dsm to a long arm. It worked and the speed control was made for a router. ROFL.. still would like to sell it.. It did work well after we replaced many worn out parts. Drawback is no table for it.

Then on to My Lucky Penny Lenni.. wouldn't own several others because of the cheap make, or poor customer service, the booth workers were less than friendly and a couple acted like we were trying to steal the Holy Grail.. didn't want us to test it out.. etc. just poor customer relations. :( All the testing was after I bought my machine... was still curious. So Glad I got Penny, wonderful relationships with the repair dept. in particular, to find out what we were doing wrong in many easy to do fixes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

i've been a reader of every quilt book thats i can get my hands on. love fons and porter, and APQS. had the opportunitiy to go to quilt show once and couldnt go. i still work for a living and small children at the time. but my main thing right now is filling up spare time, now that my husband has passed away. he's only been gone 10 months and that seem at time a long time. love to talk about him, but few peolpe want to hear it. they shut down or a void me. love when they said call me if you need any thing, but you see in the back ground them saying please dont call !!!!!!!!!!!. so i need help finding the right machine, for long arm quilting. ive always dream of having a long arm. i still hand quilt. and everyone asks if i'm gong to finish that quilt. and i dream of finishing since i go to all the trouble to hand piece a lot of my quilts. because they dont fit together unless they are hand pieced. i loove the simple but they have to be hand pieced like grandmother flower garden. Is there any one out there that can help me choose the right machine. i'm not looking to start a new business, but that would be nice i dont like what i do for a living. would love to spend more time with my grandchildren. im not that old, and learned the hard way something special can be taken away from you in a blink of the eye, thinking you have all the time in the world to do the things you always talk about doing and then they aren't there anymore. because work is so important.!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE the right machine, price is no problem.

Gretchen, yes follow your dreams; life is short. :) Where do you live? Surely you aren't too far from someone on this chat, or a quilt show coming soon, to try the machines out. Give us your general location maybe we can suggest ideas for you.

A Lenni sounds like the perfect machine for you. It's not too big but it has all the nice features. It's a great machine for the price.

Archived