Satu - 15 Blocks

Satu,

Do I read the thank you posts correctly that you have received 15 blocks.

Lucky you. I think you are in the lead!

The distance across the ocean has not stopped them from turning up.

You can really start planning your quilt.

Lyn

In cloudy Queensland but my frangipanis still have flowers.

Lyn,

Yes you've read right! I am the very proud owner of 15 offficial super sweet swinging 30's blocks. I actually have 16 as I received 2 from Sylvia, I posted an extra for her too.

Only *1* more to go! How good is that? :P

I've shown my blocks off to friends and they are most impressed.

So then, what's our next swap???? Any Ideas? I'm pumped lol :cool:

Bonnie, frangipanis are beautiful. They almost don't look real, unfortunately they don't like Melbourne weather.

• 1 month later...

Bonnie, I just read this thread and goggled Frangipanis. They are beautiful. I grow them indoors in pots in the winter and stick them out side in the summer. They are also known as Plumeria, the traditional flower in Hawaiian Lei's.

Dianne

Originally posted by DB

Bonnie, I just read this thread and goggled Frangipanis. They are beautiful. I grow them indoors in pots in the winter and stick them out side in the summer. They are also known as Plumeria, the traditional flower in Hawaiian Lei's.

Dianne

By sticking them outdoors does that mean in their pots that they live inside with or do you actually put them in the grounds and transplant back to pots for winter.

Where do you get these...I think I would like to try one.

I brought mine back from Hawaii. They sell them at all the touristy spots. I've managed to keep them alive but only had it bloom once or twice. If you're lucky to grow one more than a few feet, you can cut the branch and make more.

I leave them in pots all year round. They love hot hot hot weather with lots of water. We just don't get a long enough hot season for their liking. Mine drop their leaves in the fall; I bring them in and water just enough to keep them alive. When night temperatures are above 50, I put them back outside in a warm sunny place.

I'm about to call it quits. This one is so sad. Two are dead I think.

post--13461901859468_thumb.jpg

AND they are right---the fragrance is worth all the trouble. Heavenly, even. I don't think mine was as fragrant as the native plants in Hawaii though.

I've seen this plant in the freeway median in southern California too. It's really an ugly plant, especially with no leaves.

I hope you have good luck.:)

Archived