MQX 2010

LauraJ

In the back of the program they have the phone number for both hotels.

1-800-Westin-1 (800) 937-8461

1-800-Hiltons (800) 445-7667

The dates are April 12 - 17, 2010 in Providence, Rhode Island at the Rhode Island Convention Center.

Charlotte

We had been lucky in the last two years to call a month ahead and get a cancellation. I don't know how the availablity of rooms will run. It can be anyone's guess. I hope you are able to go. It is a nice show and everyone is very friendly. You'd enjoy yourself.

Charlotte

I am only 20 minutes from Providence so I won't be staying over at a hotel. However, I was just looking on line to see the names of the other hotels in the area, there are several. If anyone for some reason can't get into the Westin or Hilton the Providence Biltmore and Courtyard Providence Downtown are also within walking distance. Reading the reviews online, it seems that if you book at the Westin you want to ask for the East Tower. Seems that one was recently renovated. The Hilton got better reviews than the Westin, neither have free Internet service and both have either limited breakfast or very expensive breakfast service per the reviews. Maybe with MQX it will be different.

Dinner should not be a problem as there are many restaurants right down the street also a food court in the attached mall. Providence also has a "Little Italy"section with restaurants, if anyone likes Italian food. I think the Hilton has a van that will transport it's guests within a 5 mile radius. But I would check on that if it is something you would be counting on.

Also within walking distance to the hotels/mall is Amtrak. Maybe 2-3 blocks away. I don't know if that would be cheaper or more convenient.

Anyone flying in, the closest airport is TF Green/Providence. It's not really in Providence but it's the closest and the easiest to get in and out of.

Dianne

Connie, Take I 95 straight up. Exit when you see the hotel. It's right on the interstate. Actually maybe 1 block away.

BTW, any one making reservations this early might want to ask for an upper floor room. These hotels are real close to the highway and are in a pretty active part of Providence. The lower floors might be a little noisier.

Dianne

Connie,

Sheri, from our McTavishing Class, and I are talking about driving up from NC. Maybe we could pick you up on the way. We could do a quilter's road trip. :) Or we could caravan if we get too many people for one car.

I just say the post that said that Amtrak was close. That might be fun too.....

Sheri,

OMG, that sounds like a lot of fun!!!!! I-95 is about 2 hours from me but I could meet you all somewhere in between. The bay-bridge tunnel is also a great way to miss Washington DC and pick-up 95 around Philly. Keep me updated, sounds like if we decide to go, we need to make reservations.

Connie,

I just looked at room prices. The Westin is in the ouch range, for me... I am thinking of doing a reservation at the Hilton, it says that it is within walking distance.

The more the merrier. We could always caravan if we get too many for our personal vehicles but not enough for a bus. :)

I have no issues picking people up on the way from NC.

If anyone going to MQX is interested I would like to have a barbecue or dinner of some sort at my home for all us chatters. I thought it would be a nice way for us all to meet and not have to be crowded or rushed in a restaurant. Depending on traffic, I'm about 15-20 minutes away.

Also if anyone would like to do a shop hop on Cape Cod, MA. I would be willing to organize something. I think there are currently 4-5 quilt shops on the cape. We could also swing out to the national seashore but that would be a stretch.

I can't believe that I just got back from MQX 9 days ago and I'm already thinking of next year.

Dianne

Archived