QOV Baptist Fan/Circle Lord

Here is a QOV I did not get finished in time. However, I have my very own wounded soldier. He got shot in the hand in Afghanistan, and was lucky. He lost 3 men from his platoon.:( So, I'm sending this quilt to my good friend, Hans in Alaska because he did not receive one yet.

I did this with the Circle Lord Double Baptist Fan template, and put beadboard on the borders.

Thanks for looking; and see you in about 10 days at MQS! Can't wait!!:P:P

post--13461901706225_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Angie, I think his heart hurts a lot worse than his hand. He is captain of his platoon and lost 3 men. When he came back to the states he went to 2 funerals and did one family visit.

I feel for all our service people. They get such bad press sometimes.

I remember my brother came off the plane from Vietnam and there were a handful of protesters there to greet the Marines. One actually spit at him. He looked at the guy, and with tears in his eyes said, "You know I am the reason you can get away with that? If I did not defend our freedoms, YOU would not even be able to protest."

So, enough of my ramblings; but I am VERY patriotic, and get emotional.

Love you all:)

This Quilt looks SOOOO Comforting.

No Doubt it will be loved and appreciated.

I am very appreciative of the CL boards.

They make it so much easier to do a beautiful quilt in a short time and with ease.

I am Glad that we have the QOV program as a way to show Gratitude for the Service of those in the Military.

Great Job LinneaMarie .

This quilt is really nice. It has a special Patriotic feeling. This quilt blessed the maker (you) as you made it and now it will bless the receiver. That is what is so cool about quilting. It is a wonderful way to send out our love to others. I know this quilt will be treasured for decades to come. I hope it has a label.

Archived