The Race Is On

It looks like you won the race to be the first with all 16 blocks.

Trust Queensland to have a holiday today and no mail service. I'm expecting my last ones any day.

Now lets see who else can add their name to the list. Still 54 of us waiting for our last blocks.

Lyn

BINGO!!!!!

Yes Lyn It's ME!!!!

I feel a speech coming on......clearing throat......

"My fellow swappers, I am indeed very honoured and pleased to say that I have received all of my blocks. Each and everyone is beautiful and much loved on its own but will take on a new, more magnificant role once they have been joined together in holy quiltdom. Very special indeed!

I'd like to thank you all for making it possible. It has been a very exciting time for me, as they arrived, I have proudly shown my blocks to my friends and family and they have been much ohhhd and ahhhhd over".

Thanks again

Loving the experience

Your friend in swap block heaven

Satu ;)

PS now that it's over, going to the letterbox will not be the same :(

Congratulations Satu:P:P loved your speech

I am expecting another two in the mail shortly, have only seven to go and the countdown has begun.

1 down and 53 to go::o

Now Teresa what can we do for the next swap, you have a whole new group of converts over here;):cool::cool:

I didn't get to the post last week...life got in the way...and am hoping for the last of the four I'm waiting on..... Now we can start to think maybe on another block run....

BUT can we not give 6 months to finish our blocks...its way to long, even with life getting in the way.... I am one who will normally use the last of whatever deadline I'm given....I love to procrasinate and with 6 months, its just too long to wait for those who are eager beavers.

Satu! Magnificent speech! How appropriate that you were the first to get all 16! And with the mail having to go half way around the world! Zing!:P

The only way I could commit to another block exchange would be if there were fewer blocks--like 12, and if the time limit was no less than 4 months. Especially with summer coming on---then there's the holidays late in the year that make things complicated. So, if we're going to do another one, let's get busy! Hey Teresa, you up for it?

I am missing three blocks

Shannon Kratochvil, Coleen O'Kane, and Elizabeth Pukerland

I'm praying they make it by the end of the month.:)

I have an idea for the next swap... but I'm not telling until I get all my blocks. Just teasing! I HOPE I do get all 16 blocks.

I'm so happy that a brand new block swapper was the first to receive all 16 blocks. That just proves that the program can work, if everybody participates and cooperates.

Here's to hoping that everybody gets all 16 in the mail.

Yeyyyyyyyyyy Teresa! :D :D You are so appreciated for handling this exchange. I thought I'd be lucky to receive an even 12 blocks. Shame on me for being so pessimistic. :o I have thirteen, and I won't give up hope until July 1st. What's another month?

I'll be looking forward to the next swap---I'm all curious now!;):D

Hi all,

My blocks will go into the mail on Friday. Sorry to be so late, have had some health issues.

I have recieved 13 blocks so far and they all play together very well. Thank you all for sending them. It sure has picked me up to get a squishy in the mail.

Hey Shannon, so glad to hear from you. I was worried. Yours is one of my blocks and I'm anxiously waiting. I'm hoping your health issues are better and things are on the mend.

I know Elizabeth Pukerand was having some health issues also. I'm hoping she comes around too.

AND Coleen---Oh Coleen----yoooooohooooooo, how's it going? I haven't seen a picture of your hand quilting yet? We're patiently waiting!:)

Many many thanks again to all who have participated so well!

I only have two to go too!

Coleen - who I know is probably working on hers as we speak...

and Elizabeth P... Has anyone heard from her? I hope she's ok!

Yay! I can't wait til the end of May! I'm already picking out sashings and borders!

I've gotten 14 of my blocks and am waiting for a block from Dianne Brodin (it's in the mail and PURPLE!) and one from April Wright. Has anyone heard from her lately? I've got my sashing picked out, some fabrick for borders, and some other ideas. Can't wait to get them all together and make a beautiful quilt out of them. I'm looking forward to a new quilt on my bed!!!!;)

Patty Jo,

I'm still out here and about to finish up all my blocks. I've been a little side tracked with my father who isn't doing too well. I'm bringing my mom to MQS for a little break this weekend. My sister will be spending the night with dad. Blocks will be in the mail by next Monday, hopefully.

Four people now with all 16 blocks.

Sylvia says she has even started to piece it.

WOW.

We are all so close, and there are still two weeks of May ( and this swap) to go.

I need to start on my next swap blocks now - but - I have lot of other quilt related things to do first, such as make my first grandchild's quilt. Life was meant to be "quilty".

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by skrat

Hi all,

My blocks will go into the mail on Friday. Sorry to be so late, have had some health issues.

I have recieved 13 blocks so far and they all play together very well. Thank you all for sending them. It sure has picked me up to get a squishy in the mail.

This was posted May 5...Shannon, I'm on your mailing list and I haven't received a block yet. Did you mail them? Or am I being over-anxious? I hope you're doing well.

Archived