the doodle has left the bug...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about that wonky seam, the one that isn't straight? Remember that addage about not being able to see it on a galloping horse?

Your quilting is marvelous, the piecing is not perfect, but your quilting will make it look perfect!

I have Shannon...but I think its a tension issue....they pull up like little mushrooms...and it doesn't look right.

No...Boni, Shannon is trying to help me get the little round pebble/stones correct...mine are all wonky and I just don't like them. They look like maybe the bottom tension is pulling or something. They don't lay flat like everyone elses....:(

Also another thought maybe I'm trying to make them to small.....;)

nope! maybe tomorrow (thurs) i've had about as much of this quilt as i can take. i REALLY wish i had zippered leaders.....i have the star quilted working on the feathering and outer border. i'm REALLY hoping to be done with it tomorrow

and btw, artistic expression takes time! patience grasshoppers :D

I have no patience!! :mad:

You really need zippered leaders. I resisted for awhile (mostly because I was scared to put them on), but now I LOVE them. I always have a practice piece ready to go in case I want to check tensions or play with a design. Its soooo easy...even for me:P

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wow Wow Wow

I could have told you it was going to be gorgeous, but I'm glad I waited. Now I can say it's Over the Rainbow Gorgeous.

I love the triangle motif in the flying geese, and the squared off rays between the yellow points--how innovative and original! Ooooo Shannon, you should put that in a show! :D

Thanks for posting the pictures, got more?

i forgot all the deatil stuff:

it's all free hand. no stencils, just some ruler work (if all those wonky seams constitute ruler work :) ) it took 17 1/2 hrs. the quilt is 84" sq. it's a raffle quilt for a local guild. once i get the contact info, i'll post all that on my blog. (if you want to buy tickets)

all i can say- is this BETTER raise a S**T load of money...

Archived