Next swap

Several have asked, so here are the details for the next swap.

THINK FALL- gold, burgandy, rust, orange, dark leafy greens, browns.

Add some unbleached muslin.

Create 12 blocks- 12" (finished size)/ 12 1/2" raw edged

You can applique or piece, it's up to you.

I'm doing Maple Leaf- (making sure I stake my claim early)

AFTER you have made all 12 blocks take a picture of them. Deadline to have blocks made is August 1. Post the picture of your finished blocks here. Everybody who has posted pictures (of completed blocks) will be considered IN the swap. Addresses will be mailed out in September.

This should eliminate some of those who don't follow through after they say they will participate.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yippee another swap.

I'll be in that.

Have just finished doing two Autumn quilts so I even have some fabric.

I'll go mark my calendar now.

Only problem I don't have webshots etc to be able to post photos so might have to email them to someone who can then post them for me.

Thanks

Lyn

Yippee! I'm in. I'm thinking a house, a tree, or an Ohio Star in fall colors. Too many to choose from. Until I decide feel free to grab one if you're thinking the same. I may have to make one of each to see which one I like making.:P

Count me in - Fall is my 2nd favorite season......Now, what to make ?.?.?.? hummmmmm, thinking, Nope cant think of one , going to the pattern books for ideas....

thanks Teresa for starting an exchange for the fall. Yahooooo:P

This will be my first swap. I'll have to get together with Coleen to have mine photographed and scanned into the computer.

Does this mean that because you have chosen the maple leaf that no one else can choose that pattern? I know there are tons to do. Looking for clarification. Always.

:P

In the last swap we all sort of shouted out which block we were doing, but I don't remember a "formal" list. I think that exchange went really well--not any duplicates in mine. It's ok with me if I have a few "leaves" in my quilt. After all, it will be a fall quilt.

What say Teresa?

Even if we did all choose the same leaf pattern, which would be a miracle as there are many many that I know of...trust me they would all look different.

But I too will wait for Teresa's thoughts on this...

I love the way you have laid this out. The last swap has been so much fun. But I have been so busy that I won't know whether or not I will have time. By having the deadline of completed blocks this allows me to join if I can, which I really really hope to. I love fall colors and already have ideas jumping around.

Thanks Teresa

The Pine Needle is a LQS in Lake Oswego, a suburb of Portland. This was their Fall 2007 catalog that I've been keeping. The colors in this picture are not near as vivid as they are in real life. I love the look of this one and may consider some of these blocks. I could use muslin for the lightest color and those rich vibrant fall colors for the other patches.

These blocks are various sizes because the quilt is one of Sandi Ray's Quilt Academy Skill of the Month classes.

Just food for thought...

picture not available--sorry

Hi Teresa,

Love this idea for the block exchange!! Will definitely want to be in it.

Boni,

I had the chance to visit the Pine Needle four years ago when we visited the States. It wa a really nice, friendly place!! Had to leave some money behind as well!! Yea........ a girl can never have enough fabric!! :D

Regards,

Archived