Anyone for a Scrap exchange?

I love the idea of sending them to me. What number you send is what you'll get back. I would suggest that everyone send me 20, 10" squares that would take a bit less than 2 yards. Also it will make a great assortment for a scrappy quilt.

Please send to me your fabric squares with a self addressed and postage paid same as what it cost you to get it to me, then I will keep them all separate until august. Then I will take one from each pile and return them. If you send less then 20 I will return less then 20.

My address

13187 s moccasin way

Oregon city, oregon. 97045

503 650 7505

Ready set go!!!! I am going shopping this week!

Thanks

Brendalee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brendalee, count me in:) I sent you a U2U with my address info. I have a question: Once the deadline passes, are you going to let us know the exact number of people who signed up? I would imagine more than 20 are going to sign up and with an exact number, we can send that number of cut squares to you. Thank you and thank you also for coming up with this cool idea.

I have never done a block exchange before but this one sounds like one I would be interested in. So Brendalee, count me in for 20 10" blocks of batik in jewel tones. I will send you a U2U with my mailing address. Thank you!

I would like to have you all send me your addresses and such for the list as I am building it. I will record the number that you sent and I will keep them separated.

Everyone has until June 1st to sign up, and then after that if someone signed up and doesn't send the blocks then I won't send them any and there will be more for everyone else.

Thanks

Brendalee

Kristina Pickens

Dory Miller

Patty Weightman

Karen Lesueur

Abigail Eliot

Gable Alfano

Mitzi Piepho

Wilma DePriest

Nancy Jo Smith

Heidi Merrill

Sheryl Stewart

LinneaMarie

Gail Drake

Francine Snider

Kim Pope

Joyce Coburn

Cindy Rainforth

Sharen Leeper

Kim Tambling

Brendalee Haunschild

Now we have 20! Anyone else want to join please do so by the end of tomorrow.

Thanks

Brendalee

I am going to wait until June 2nd, that way anyone that wants to be on the list can. Then we will all know how many blocks to send.

If you already sent them thats ok, we can just have you catch up if you didn't send enough and want them all.

I will post again tonight the current list.

Brendalee

so far this is the list

Kristina Pickens

Dory Miller

Patty Weightman

Karen Lesueur

Abigail Eliot

Gable Alfano

Mitzi Piepho

Wilma DePriest

Nancy Jo Smith

Heidi Merrill

Sheryl Stewart

LinneaMarie

Gail Drake

Francine Snider

Brendalee Haunschild

Now we have 15! Only 5 more to go to 20!

Thanks

Brendalee

so far this is the list

Kristina Pickens

Kristina Pickens friend

Dory Miller

Patty Weightman

Karen Lesueur

Abigail Eliot

Gable Alfano

Mitzi Piepho

Wilma DePriest

Nancy Jo Smith

Heidi Merrill

Sheryl Stewart

LinneaMarie

Gail Drake

Francine Snider

Kim Pope

Joyce Coburn

Judy Holum

Cindy Rainforth

Sharen Leeper

Kim Tambling

Brendalee Haunschild

oops, we have 22 so far.

Brendalee

Gail Drake,;)

You get a gold star!! I have already recieved your blocks. They are gorgeous rich green (10) and purple (10) they are so pretty!

When I get a final number tomorrow night, we can email and you can tell me what you want me to do, if you are short a few blocks.

Ladies, my thought is that as the colors come in I will post what they are.... or better yet you can post a photo if you want.

I am having a hard time deciding what color to do. I love lime green and maybe a deep fushia, that is if it is ok to enter twice??? What do you gals think? Looks like we might end up with maybe 23ish?:):):)

I was asked two questions, and we need to decide:

1. Is yellow or gold a jewel tone?

2. Can the batik have a print? (floral, frog, turtle ect)

I am game for both I plan on making mine into a scrappy quilt so it will be stripped so the print won't effect me, but I wanted to get everyones opinion, so we are all overwhelmed with joy when the big puffy package arrives.

I am very excited! I can't wait to go buy my fabrics!!!:cool:

Brendalee

bRENDALEE; THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT THE SQUARES ARRIVED SAFELY. i WILL BE WATCHING TO SEE WHAT THE END NUMBER IS AND WILL MAIL YOU THE REST TO MAKE THE TOTAL AMT. THE MORE THE BETTER! PRAYING YOUR NEXT SERGURY GOES AS GOD PLANS IT. ONLY THE BEST FOR HIS CHILDREN.

Archived