"Circling Tulips" finally finished

Such a gorgeous quilt. Don't have a clue how to quilt it, but sure appreciate you posting about it. I had never checked Pam's website before. I found the pattern in her book "It's Not Just Another Cover-Up. " Your client's interpretation looks very different from the original--both very cool!

beautiful quilt.. between the blue and white squares you can see a 1/2 white and half blue circular area. how about a feathered wreath with crosshatching in the center in that area. Dont have a clue about the rest. but I am sure you will come up with something gorgeous.

I saw a circular Feathered wreath in the larger White and Blue Areas between the coloured tulips.

Maybe put more plant texture type leaves over the tulip leaves and petals over the tulips even going out into some of the background with additonal stitched leaves and tulips to make bigger "bunches" of flowers.

Better go back and check that picture again to see what else it is saying.

Lyn

This would be a hard decision for me--I know you are already working out the perfect designs! My first thought was to put a spray of tulips in the open areas in almost-matching thread, but the natural-looking tulips might clash with the more angular pieced flowers. Hmmmm--can't wait to see what magic you perform!:D

Mary Beth, I'll have you know I'm still staring at it!!!!!! I am forming some ideas. My question right now is regular feathers or the leaf feathers. The leaf feathers are more girly. or fancy looking. Whatcha think ladies? I do like the idea of some motif in the center with "curved crosshatch".

I realize this quilting is very simple, that's what the customer wanted. My thoughts were to let her piecing show and quilt to just hold the sandwich together. Yes, it's computer except for the SID around the ribbon in the border.

Your quilt reminds me of this one.

post--13461901859059_thumb.jpg

Bonnie - What a pretty quilt. You did a great job on that one. I also like to do minimal quilting on some quilts. This lady seems to like more dense quilting though. Sometimes it's not fun when they just hand you their quilt and they say-"Make it beautiful" Okie Dokie!!!!! I do have 2 ladies that are best friends and always do their quilts together. I get both of them with the order to make them sorta alike if I want. Same but different????? :o Oh well, I guess this is why we do this huh? I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing, aches and pains aside.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived