selling pre-cuts

Dear all, next fall I hope to open my new quiltstudio for the public. Besides my quilting service, I want to go into teaching workshops at the studio. I'm not intending to open a quilt-fabric shop, but I want to offer fatquarters and notions to use at the workshops and to have some "candy" in my studio.

I face the following problem: Buying fabric in bolts at the wholesalers I know is not a problem, but getting precuts is. Here in the Netherlands wholesalers only carry a few series and I want to have more!;) I'm especcially interested in civil war, roses and other classical stuff. Does any of you know wholesalers who cary fatquarter precuts? Thank you so much for helping me out (again)!

Wendy

Wendy, you would get more bang for your buck by buying by the yard and cutting these yourself down to fat quarter size.

Here's another thing to consider: There are sellers on ebay who list all sorts of fabric -- civil war, roses, classical, etc -- and they have pretty good prices that sometimes are offered at near wholesale prices. Many sell by the fat quarter too.

Thank you Holly and Shana. I know I'm not having the cheapest option here. But I'm not into having my own QS (yet?). And yes, most quiltstores cut their own fq-ers. Thanks for the e-bay tip, although I have to talk to my accountant (= my huband LOL) on how to incorporate those buys.

Rubinstein and Ziff is a great option, only small cuts are limited (again).

Have a nice evening!

Archived