Storage ideas for Pantos

I use rolls from waxed paper, saran wrap- or even toilet paper to store the pantos i have traced on paper I get from ACMoore. They have 24 inch fifty foot rolls for $12 and 12 inch fifty foot rolls for $6. DH cuts the rolls to the size I need on the bandsaw. that way there are no folds.

As soon as I get my old postal "cubby" refinished I am going to drag it to the house and put a panto in each cubby. I have 98 cubbies so I guess I can start spending. HA! I only own about 9 pantos and some are too long for the cubby squares. I may cut the border from the rest of the panto. I think it would be easier to handle too. The folded ones from the Mary Covey book I put in a three ring binder in the plastic sheets. I do like neat-even though it doesn't look like it when you look around my working area.

I like your storage rack for the pantos. I should have said the paper was yards not feet on the rolls from ac moore. Just bought a 18 inch to use on the Millineum when it gets here. I traced a bunch of larger designs on it already. I wonder how long it takes to be able to do free motion designs?

For a low budget sort of instant version consider a closet aide that is designed to hold shoes. Mine has a hook at the top to hang in the closet, and has eight vinyl loopy things that hold shoes. Several rolled pantos fit nicely in each loop. I have mine hung on a hook next to batting storage.

Not nealy as nice as the wooden dowel one, but it keeps me somewhat organized!!:D

Cheryl in Iowa

Cheryl:

I actually use the same system. Problem is that some of my pantos are too long for it so I wound up cutting a hole in the back so they will fit through. Plus, there are several in each "pouch" and I still have to take them out to figure out which one is which. But . . . at least they are all in one place!

Sara

I don't think my system was very expensive but I can't remember how much it cost. I bought long dowel rods (the little skinny ones) and cut them into 2 or 3 pieces. It is the shower curtain rings. Here's a closeup picture of the edges of the rows that show more.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48630488/2853537710033860431eCBJZa

I also have stencils hanging on a couple of the rows:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48630488/2211811250033860431CTLDne

And, yes, I am a thread head. Here are the racks I recently purchased. There's enough thread to fill up two more but I'm trying to cut back and have not quite so much thread here.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48630488/2217395570033860431rRjWIK

There are other pictures (and probably larger versions of these) on my webshots page. The "studio" album is: http://community.webshots.com/album/48630488kmiGgR

Here's a pic of what I came up with, actually have 2 of them, one on each side of the window.. Very similar to what Judy has but I didn't have a large space. It cost me about $36. total for all the materials at Lowe's and I can see each pattern and easy to show to the customers.

Hester

post--13461897816978_thumb.jpg

I have my pantos stored in a completely different way. I don't like to keep them rolled because it's so hard to spread them under the vinyl on the table.

I put a curtain rod on the wall about 6 feet high, and S-hooks on the rod. I unroll the panto, bring the 2 ends together with the printed side out, put a paper clip on each side of the short ends and a binder clip in the center. I hang the binder clip on the S-hook! Presto! All my pantos are easily viewed and easily accessible! Customers can see them and choose what they like. I'll try to post a photo!

--Ann

Linda: That was my Ult. I that had the curly cord and I am not sure I remember exactly how I had it all set up. I think the copper pipe sat down over the right hand spool holder, then somehow the cord was attached to the top of it and then up to the overhead wire.

If you need to know more, I can ask DH if he remembers how it was all set up.

Archived