Have a Ultimate I, would like to know how it compares to a millennium?

I have a Ulimate I with Stitch Regulator. I wanted to know if anyone out there has had an Ulimate I and then got a Millennium? I would like to know if the Millennium handlings alot better? Nice control? I have to hold on to the Ult. I and I still get a bobble. I have the wheels as loose as I can get them.. I think it should glide better.

But I'm sure Connie or Mark or someone with APQS can tell you more and I might even be wrong. (Happened once before!) ;)

I'm guessing that since you have a stitch regulator on your Ult. I, it was an after market type addition. I had an Ult. I for several years, then used a Freedom for a while, and am now using an Ult. I again (all with no S/R) and all on the same table. I have a Millennium on order and I'm expecting the Millennium to handle the same way as the Ult. I . . except it will have bells and whistles.

I don't think your Ult. I should be giving your any handling problems. Mine runs as smooth as can be. Do you wax and clean your rails? Is your table level? Are your wheels clean?

You can have your wheels too loose too. You should have them adjusted so that you are not getting any "whiplash" when you make the movements.

Mine glides . . like it's floating on air. If the rails need waxing or the wheels get dirty, I feel a little drag but I stop and do my maintenance and it's back to smooth sailing.

Good luck!

I started out with a used Ult I bought from the factory. We had a tense relationship. I had problems moving the machine smoothly from the beginning, but didn't know to adjust the wheels, or about waxing the rails or cleaning the wheels. Dumb, but persistant. After two years, wanting a stitch regulator, and loving the customer support at APQS, I ordered a Millenium. The machine is a little heavier than the Ult I, and I like that, it seems to give me a little more control over the machine. Since getting her, I've learned how to adjust the wheels, and to also loosen the bolts that attach those cylinders to the table; they are snug now, instead of in a death grip; seems like the wheels will 'bind" over those places on the table. So, a long winded answer to your question, yes, I think the Millie handles better, and I have a better stitch with it. The stitch regulator is wonderful.:)

Archived