NQR Cousin Patty out of CCU - edited

Boni

Take care of yourself while you are going thru this healing journey with her. This means that you take special care to eat warm, nurishing comfort food, LOTS of sleep, take a walk OUTSIDE, breathe deeply, spend time in the chapel, around the fountain, some place where the mind and spirit can refresh and regain peace and comfort.

Prayers are with you to uphold and enfold you, a quilt of love words, wordless and powerful surround you. You are greatly loved, as is your family and Patty.

Blessings of light and love, don't forget to laugh, that healing power is amazing. Rent a video of the keystone cops, or cartoons, whatever makes you belly laugh is really good right now. Sleep well.

Just reading your posts is peaceful for me.

I'm reading and trying new recipes from this book and it does help to know I'm doing good things for myself. DH is very supportive too, although he can't handle the hospital scene--he's my chauffeur. I'm concerned too about Patty's husband getting worn out and he is due for surgery in a couple of weeks. He doesn't need to go into that tired and worn out.

I will continue looking for blessings and praying for healing.

Good Morning all,

It was not a cheerful day yesterday. She was heavily sedated all day and even though she sat up and ate cottage cheese and fruit for lunch, she dozed the rest of the time. When I left at 5:00 they had not removed the lung tube and the plan was maybe today. Her mother, who is living in Mexico, retired, phoned her and Patty could hardly talk to her. Her mother is really worried and keeps calling. And her son, who is a firefighter currently in Utah, phoned. She was glad to talk to him and seemed uplifted to know her closest family is keeping in touch.

I don't know details, I'm just the cousin. I left yesterday with a sad feeling. Maybe is was just me, but considering all things, she's gonna have to travel a long road to home. Tuesday they were optimistic that she would go home today. But because of the lung issue, they're saying Monday. When I left yesterday, I couldn't imagine her bouncing back that fast. I am keeping my phone in my pocket waiting for someone to call with news. I know they have people scheduled for today so I won't be going up there. I'm praying she is better enough for the tube to be removed and she will be moved out of CCU. That is the sign that she is going in the right direction. I'm also concerned that because of the Labor Day weekend, staff will be compromised. . .

Huge sigh. . .meanwhile, I'm quilting. . .and playing with granddaughters. . .truly an emotional roller coaster. . .Wheeeeeeeeeee

Thanks to you all for prayers and thoughts and keeping in touch. I keep hoping I won't have to post on this thread much longer. When there's good news, I'll put exclamation points in the title and smiling happy faces!!!!!:D:D:D

Boni don't be too worried! She needs lots of rest and all that sleeping is her body's way of recovering. Everybody should just let her rest as much as possible. I know that I was hardly able to sleep in the hospital but I swear everytime I fell asleep the phone rang! It is a hard thing because you want to show your support and be there but then you don't want to disturb either. She has been through a lot and it isn't easy to recover. Sleep is the best thing she can do and that is probably why they are sedating her. I'm thinking happy thoughts!

I just talked to Patty's sister and we're finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, but don't hold your breath.

They took out a couple of tubes today--ouch! And the word is that she just may leave CCU tomorrow. I'll be sitting with her in the morning shift so I'll have more info late tomorrow.

Sister said she was quite bossy today, which to me is a good thing. When she's feisty, she's alive! That's the Patty I know. The hospital will want to send her home ASAP! :P

Oops, I just put up a smiley face. Even I'm beginning to smile again.

Thanks to you all.

We sat with Patty most of the day. She has no tubes, but is still loopy from the pain meds. She was cheerful when her doctor discharged her from CCU!!! :D We stayed until they moved her to sixth floor--after almost a month, they finally give her a larger room at the end of the hall. It's nice and big, flat screen TV, plenty of room for all her gadgets, especially the hypothermia blanket that comes with its own refrigerator! And enough room for DH to stay the night.

Her birthday is the 10th and we're hoping for a trip home before then. Doc is taking one day at a time. Incisions need to heal as well as lung. That room is big enough that by Thursday if she's not already home, we're having a BIG party! She deserves it! And if she is home, she'll get one anyway!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your encouragement and prayers and good thoughts. and another special thanks to APQS for letting us post NQR threads.

Archived