thread breakage

Check your thread path and be sure the thread isn't catching on something that is shredding or breaking it. Someone mentioned on another post to turn the thread spool upside down and that solved their breakage problem. See if your needle is in correctly - the bump goes in the front when you are facing the front of the machine. Also, several times when I've had thread breaks for no apparent reason I've put Sewers Aid on the thread and that solved the problem for me. I know how frustrating this can be. Good luck!

Along with all the other suggestions, how old is your thread? Thread can get old and dried out, and yes check the cone sometimes the little slot where the thread is secured also shreds it. Dawn has some great info one here for threads, threading etc. Try different needles, I've had "bad" brand new needles. We've been where you are so stick with us and we'll get you through it. I was quilting today and could not get my tension right, I worked on it for hours and after walking away frustrated, when I returned I realized that the thread wasn't under the little U thingy after the tension disk, boy did I feel dumb but the chocolate was great.

Hi Cinnamon 7

It sounds like the machine is functioning correctly and the problem is with the thread.

Which thread (brand and type and colour) are you using?

Is it on a cone or a spool?

have you checked the manual to make sure you have threaded it correctly? (don't mean to be rude but sometimes we thread without thinking and miss something - I do_)

Are you running it off the coneholder at the back of the machine?

Is the wire guide above the coneholder centred over the cone?

Do you have the thread going through the top or middle guide after the cone?

When you wrapped the thread around the tensioner disks, did you tug the threa?

d upwards to make sure it wasn't just sitting on the outer edge of the disks.

Is the three hole guide over the tensioner pointing between 7 and 9

Is the needle in straight?

Does the thread pull through the eye of the needle easily with just a tiny bit of resistance, not too loose?

These are some things to check

Let us know how you get on.

sue in australia

Archived