New Quiltazoid 1/4" Cross hatching Template - edited

I thought I would do a separate post under gadgets and goodies just about the new Quiltazoid template. It does perfect 1/4" cross hatching...I love it! Here is a sample of what you can do with it. Now mind you that I quilted a lot of area with this template and it took me a total of 18 hours just for the 9 big star areas and the inner border but if I had to premark all that and then use the ruler it would have been weeks! It is so easy to use and very precise. Adam thank you so much for a great product! I was also able to use it to do the line line work in the outside border behind my feathers.

I forgot to add that Adam made this template especially for me at my request! I was looking for 1/4" that would be show quality and he didn't let me down!

Here is the sample. 2399918680104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

2297585260104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Heidi, is this CH template small like the tracing templates that attach to the QZ from the front? I can't find it on Linda and Adam's website.

I am thrilled that it worked well for you. I am interested in one now for small beadboard too. It would be great to have a CH board with 1/4" increments!

Kristina no actually it is a new board and Adam doesn't have it on his website yet. Just email him. It is actually 14" sq! I will get so much use from this one!

Heidi

I was thinking the other way around the template on the CL or even perhaps on the topper, have you tried the board to see if it will work on the topper?

That 1/4 inch is what I would be interested in like you said alot of work but oh how many places it would be wonderful, even on such quilts where you go from 1/4 to half inch, like I have seen on Baltimore album quilts. Have one of those to start planning the quilting on as well.

Jeanne,

I have no idea about the CL since I don't have it. I do think it would clamp on The Topper just like any other board. I think the stylus would work as well. I can test the stylus tonight to see but I think the grooves are about the same. It is an awesome board and I will definitely get my money's worth out of it. The nice thing about putting it on the quiltazoid is that their base rotates so it is very easy to change the direction of the board to get the cross or to go horizontal and then vertical like with the corner. I think you can do all that on the topper just a little more time consuming to do it. I think this board will be on my list of most used for sure!

sounds like it will be used alot Heidi, I love crosshatching being able to do it accurately in 1/4 inch is awesome. The things we can do with our toys, sure makes a huge difference doesnt it? You'll have to let Adam know all the stir over his template and maybe he will add it to the website soon.

Abigail and Heidi...Linda responded back to me this evening about this template. Looks like I will be receiving it in a couple of weeks. Yeh! I am so excited.

Heidi, do you have any other ideas for templates?

Also, I still need to drill holes in my RnS block boards and try them on the QZ. They would become so much more usable from the front of the machine.

Beth,

Thanks. I predrew the feathers and just followed the lines. I will say that I am more comfortable with bump/bump feathers than I am with this kind but I just kept reminding myself that the drawn line was just a guide and just keep it smooth and round. I used my micro-drives some but for these longer feathers I think I do them better with the handles.

Archived