How to turn down the bleeping BLEEP?

Guest Linda S

Okay. I understand it's supposed to be a safety feature, but after five years of listening to that BEEPING, it continues to get on my nerves. I called about a month ago and someone began to tell me the secret of turning down the volume on the BEEP when the phone line when crazy. I have called back and left messages a couple of times since, and have not been called back. Can someone please tell me how to turn that noise down before I go out and buy a Gammill?

Thanks!

Linda

Gosh Linda...I hope you wouldn't go by another machine just because of the beep! :) If you take off the two top covers turn on the SR so you can hear the chirp there is a little black round looking speaker behind the circuit board. Take some masking tape and put it over the speaker and it will muffle the sound. This applies to your Liberty or 2007 model machines and older. I would have to check and see where the speaker is on the newer machines.

Good luck!

Mark: Please do look around and find it on the Lenni, I'd appreciate it so much. That irritating noise is one of the 3 that brings out anger in me.. Hate to admit that, but tis true.

Many thanks, and thanks t whoever asked the question to start with.

RutaR

Lynda, I'm with you. I subconsciously listen for the beep, but I don't really hear it. Yet, I hate "noise." I can't stand the noise the car makes when the keys are in and you open the door, I can't stand a loud tv, but the beep is somehow reassuring. Guess we're both a bit off, eh??;)

The beep bothered me until I realized I could rely on it to let me know I was in SR mode. Now, once I start stitching, I never notice it. Prehaps in the new machines they could just have a nice tiny light that shows it is on, huh? Nothing that would shine in my face - just a tiny light somewhere. Or perhaps the machine could beep 4-5 times when you turn it on SR and then stop - like the clothes dryer.

LOL - Turn up the radio? The neighbors are about ready to turn me in as it is. When I don't have my Ipod on with a book in it, the stereo is BLARING and yes, I can still hear that darn chirp. I will be looking under the hood for that little birdie this weekend and stuffing some cotton in its beak! :o The little blinking light is a good enough indication to me that the regulator is on. Thanks all - I'm grateful for the option!

Linda

This is really funny. I am one of the most noise sensitive people on the planet...ask my family...but the chirpping I have been able to block out for the most part. If I've been at the machine for 8 hours it can get on my nerves but not as muc has I thought it would. It was the one feature that bothered me when I was ordering my machine. Now I'm going to bet you that since I know I can muffle the sound it will bother me more! :P:P:P:P

I really don't notice the chirp while I'm quilting. When DD was here in August, she wanted to try out my machine (it was the first time she had seen it). As a side note, she was really good! Her first efforts looked way better than mine did! Anywhoo, when she was done she said "how do you stand that beeping noise, isn't there a way to turn it off?!".

• 4 weeks later...

I too am one of those "dont hear it when i'm in SR mode" gals.

Dont know what to say, other than.......OH WELL! I LOVE it when i DONT want it in SR mode and hit the button by mistake, it catches me and I instantly tell myself..."NO, NO! I DONT want the SR on!" So, I guess, I can safely say, my "BEEP" and I get along just fine. LOL!

I have the opposite problem. The SR does not beep anymore so I don't know if it is working unless I can see the light blinking. As I only do pantographs this is causing a problem. I have to watch the laser light and the SR blinker at the same time which gets me off track.

I'm one of those people who love bleeeps, I used to run batteries down in the old days in my car, leaving the lights on:D my newer cars never let me do it.... I really like the SR beep, it keeps me from making mistakes, and ripping....When I'm on a good roll, I never hear it. Haven't tried music yet, still need to hear my machine while stitching, trying to get to get good rhythm going to stitch better.

I wish my machine had a beep to tell me when the bobbin is about to run out:P:P Pat

Archived