Remember this...???

DoryJM

I stayed home yesterday and did some organizing! Not only can I find my LA, but the whole studio is neat and tidy. Probably won't last for long; but it sure is nice now. Until yesterday, I was just taking various items off the LA and piling them up on Dennis' side of the studio. Now I can breathe when I walk in!!;):)

I do that every once in a while. Since my room is the converted garage, we use that door a lot to bring in things from the car. It all gets piled on my cutting table and sometimes sorted from there. I really have to watch the DH when he brings in tools or oil and wants to put them on the table! Greased Lightining and I are old friends!

I did find some tools that had been misplaced along with the power supply plug for pantos. I ended up buying a new one from John at Country Lane Quilting (he's wonderful to work with). John even said that if I found my original one, he'd take the new one back--thereby putting the kiss of death on my finding the original one until it was too late!:D:D I've had the one from him for over a month now and used it, so no way will I be sending it back. However, if someone wants an extra or loses theirs, I have one for sale...cheap:P

Sharon, I only have a shot of the middle of the one on the table. Its round, made with one of those 10 degree wedge rulers. This is it...

post--13461902671285_thumb.jpg

Denice...I cleaned the room; the mess is the normal part!!;) I wish I could keep it that tidy all the time! Actually, before Dennis got so busy, it wasn't bad...now its generally messy:(

I can only take a special day every once in awhile to pick up, so it doesn't happen often. People used to say that folks who have horses never have time and/or don't clean. I did much better before I started LA'ing--now with both horses and quilting, I really don't have time. In fact, when the yurt is done, I'm hiring someone to come in twice a month to mop/dust, etc.

Okay, Linda...Miss Smarty Pants...I'll take a photo of Dennis' side of the room tonight. He's only been home for a few hours, so it can't possibly be a wreck again yet...can it???:o

Kristina, you and Dennis together would be dangerous!:D

Kim, my yurt just grew! We've been looking and looking at it, thinking it was just so small. Today, they did the final pour so now the floor goes out to the edge of the blocks...and it grew! I think its going to be great and can't wait for it to finally be up. I'm really curious to see how the radiant heat works with our cold and snowy winters.

Very funny, Kenna:P:D:P Took me a minute to figure it out though...its cold and early!!

I've been taking pictures and putting them on my blog...I'll post some here to. Blogspot is "CrazyHorseQuilting" if you're interested.

Kristina, someone said in another post that I should put a dotted line around Dennis' area. Then when he begins to spread, just get a big broom and sweep his stuff back to his side of the line. I'm going to try that and see how it works:D:D:D

Archived