another batting question

Am finally getting to do the wedding quilt - an irish chain. Will post when done.

Already took the batting out of the package and put in dryer with wet cloth to puff up - so.... won't know which side was the up/down. The 2 sides look a little different - one is a tad smoother (I believe the scrim side) and the other has softer little bumps (I would think the all cotton side........... so now what:o

I was told (by whom, I can't 'member, maybe Dawn C in a class) to put the "dimples" side up, and the "pokies" side down to the backing. They said this is because the pokies are from the needle punching.

I've not had any trouble doing it this way?? Go figure.

Maybe Dawn will chime in and tell us if it was she who told me. Or if that is right??

I don't like Hobbs because of the feel of the scrim I think. Feels yucky to me. I do love Quilters Dream, and I am going to try Legacy here shortly.

Linda - using both ..... the wool on the top and the 80/20 on the bottom............ I just wanted a tab bit more body for the quilt and knowing it will be used up north, not worried about being too warm.......... thanks again. Am almost done - one more day and then off the frame and time to get the label made and the binding on!!!!

Archived