My First Wholecloth

Kay Anderson

Hi Everyone!!

10 days ago I got a notion to do my first wholecloth. About a year ago I designed a quilt useing Karen McTavishs book "The secerets of Elemental Quilting". BTW, love the book!! The designs are just fantastic! Here's my promise, the quilt is coming off the machine today. I'll post a photo when I get it off, no binding.

I made this quilt to raffel off to raise money for my son's medical treatment. (He has MS). My question is, would it make more money to raffel or to sell to an individual? I just don't know. My DH thinks I'm crazy to let it go.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Your first whole cloth? I've yet to do one myself. Can't wait to see the quilt.

I agree with your husband, but I'd say raffle...unless you know someone looking to buy it for what it's worth (or a forum to expose it to the right people). I'd certainly buy some raffle tickets. :-)

Anita

Oh NO!! I must have mislead all of you ladies! I didn't mean to, honest! The picture you see above is of my design from my AutoCad program. I designed it over a year ago. The real quilt is all white. White thread on a white background. And I just finished the quilting. I love it, but, photographing white on white is so hard. I will post a photo, but it doesn't show to advantage in my dungeon of a studio. It has been so cloudy and raining today, maybe when the sun comes out I can get it outside where there is some light.

Going away for a sec to upload the photo.

Ok girls, I got my DH (wo is an amazing man and photogapher) to get me some better photos. I've choosen the best of the lot to show you. It is huge, now on my King size bed upstairs. I still have to trim, bind, wash and block it. What do you think girls? Should I add some color to

<a  href=2900585350104695900S600x600Q85.jpg' alt= it like Irena Bluhm did on her bug quilt?

Archived