New Owner

pieksdi

Hello,

this is Regina from Germany. My George Machine arrived a few weeks ago and of course I like it. I had my trial run at Claudia Pfeil and hope she will encourage me furthermore.

I live in the Ruhr Area about 80 miles east of Cologne. George is the third man in the house: there is my husband, our tomcat and now George. So I will have to split my time and attention between them three and the grandchildren...

I have done some machine quilting before on my domestic home machine; so in my drawers still sit many spools of machine quilting thread I would like to use up on George. I got the extra thread holder. Before I glue it on at the wrong spot I would like to ask you experts where the best spot might be considering the thread path when in use?

Any helpful hints?

Thank you, Regina

www.reginagrewe.de (German)

www.reginagrewe.de/index_e.html (English)

Hi Regina and congratulations to you and George.

Here is a link showing where I have the hartley spool holder mounted on my George.

You'll also notice the red hoop that is hanging to the left of the spool holder.

It's Sharon Schamber's "Halo" and works fantastic with George.

Let me know if you would like more info on the Halo.

Good Luck and have lots of fun with your new boy!

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=16444&page=1#pid182052

Hi Jill,

thank you for the information. The thread goes from the spool to the right and through the first thread path hole?

Can't see the invisible thread on the pic...;)

I have a halo too and added it to George just like you did. But didn't try it yet. Do you use it only for stippling and other tiny work?

Regina

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

...but you must share pictures of your finished quilts. We all love to see pictures. :)

Thank you, Kristina,

I will do my very best. At this time I am working on my first project so I only have a preview.

Hm, next thing I need is a detailed advice how to add a picture to my post.

So please help!

Are there any galleries belonging to the forum?

Regina

Lots of us use Webshots. It is free to download and upload pictures.

Also, you can simply leave the pictures on your computer and share them that way. Use something like Paint and resize the images to 30% (under 1 MB file) and then attach it to your post. You can only do one picture at a time this way...but it works.

Hallo Regina and welcome!!

Another LA in Germany! That's great!! Our LA-family is growing :)

I was surfing a little bit at your website, very beautiful quilts! I wish you very much fun and happy quilting with your George!

Maybe we will meet some day in Krefeld? I'm there next week from Thursday to Saturday at Claudia's Open House classes ...

Regards from Osnabrück

Regina, What a lovely scrap quilt. I love scrap quilts. It almost looks like it is hand quilted! Congrats on becoming a new George owner. I know you will have fun with it. Welcome to this fun group. Hope to see more of your beautiful work. :P:D

Archived