What are you quilting?

Everybody must be hard at work, it is so quiet in the forum

today.

JudyL got me interested in starting a Blog. I treat it like a

quilt journal. I have pictures of my quilts in there and it helps

me to remember what I did when. I recently finished a

dorm quilt for one of the ladies at the local quilt shop.

http://ramona-quilter-big-dream.blogspot.com/2006/05/college-dorm-quilt.html

Just as I was posting it, I noticed some purple in my garden.

We live in a southern California 'hot spot'. It got up to 108

the first year we moved here. So what was I thinking when

I decided to try to grow a rhododendron? Take a look.

http://ramona-quilter-big-dream.blogspot.com/2006/05/rhododendrons-wont-grow-in-southern.html

Hi Linda,

I'm quilting away. This CQ is awesome. I did three quilts since yesterday and I'm loading the fourth.

I have a custom to do next week so I'm gettng all the edge to edge patterns out of the way.

Back to work tomorrow so I will only be able to quilt in the evenings for awhile.

I hope you are doing well.

I ordered a BINDING Machine today called BIND ALL. I hope it will bind my baby quilts more quickly. I won't know until it gets here but I took a chance. It cost me but what the heck. I have many quilts to get binded.

I'm planning on taking fewer quilts so I can complete my own projects of which I have many.

Have a great day.

Happy quilting.

Grammie

Hi Linda... Just waiting for that Compu Quilter to get here.. I just cut up some T-Shirts to make a T-shirt quilt for some Relay for Life friends in Carroll, Iowa. They are a great bunch of ladies. .

Can't wait until that CQ gets here. I will have a week of vacation when it arrives... Can't wait...

John,

Your gonna love the CQ. For T-Shirt quilts a great all over is the Swirls Galore by Deb Designs. It looks really cool on the TShirt Quilts but so do alot of others. This one I particularly like though. It looks good on just about anything. Just a thought to share.

Have fun with the CQ. It is a great tool and will bring you lots of customers and CHU CHING.

My customers love the kittens and ducks and puppies on their baby quilts and the Feathers all over is awesome for just about anything. Customers that just want an edge to edge love these. They get something other than meander and they are thrilled with it.

I do not quilt anything on my CQ for less than .02 but that's a personal decision. Many of the designs due to density bring 2.5 to 3 cents a sq inch. for me. I can meander in half the time for .015 so that's my take. (not that you asked). The only thing I do is my freehand meander for .015. and that's it.

Have great fun .

Grammie

It's that time of year, and all I can spy with my little eye is Tee Shirt Quilts. I'm finishing the binding on one now, and have 2 more coming....it seems like money is no object for some of these people...so I guess I'll just have to keep making them!!!

I dream of the day when I can work on a quilt for myself...

Cynthia

Ramona. Never been to a "blog" before but was very curious. Your quilts are gorgeous but the Carpenter Star really stands out to me. I would love to do this quilt in purples for my DH. Looks like you are really getting quite talented with your LA. Keep us posted on the other quilts. Not sure I am ready to be a blogger yet. All of this so new I am trying to figure out how to manage work, quilting and chatting. must be a balance somewhere. like giving up sleep:D

Archived