Simply Quilts

Sorry Connie, it doesn't look like your wish will be coming true anytime soon....the powers that know more will answer this question for you, but it seems that its gone, we will only be getting a few reruns for the next year and then poof its gone. Like a WHOLE lots of us its a sad thing, many of us are where we are today because of the show, and some got back into it because of it as well. It was a very sad day in the quilting world when this happened. :(

I belong to a quilting club of 207 members that feel sad too, we will truely miss Alex. We need to have more shows like hers on and also we could use more shows like Linda's longarm too, that was taken off PBS too. :(:(

Jean from the Rockies

I too started quilting because of this show. We only get Fons and Porter here on PBS, and if you have HDTV you can get Quilt Central but in my tiny opinion, (and you know what they say about that), it is a worthless show. It is just too slow or something. Anyway, that's it! I had heard that Kansas City would be the "quilting capital of the United States", but we are going to need more than Fons and Porter to get the juices flowing. Don't get me wrong, I live for Fons and Porter, but I would like to see a few more shows offered.

I heard from Linda Taylor when I was at MQS that HGTV has bought 12 new stations and has informally announced that their plan is to make one of them 100% sewing/quilting. I guess they have been asking around to the pros for programming ideas. That's all we know so far, I know things like this take a long time to get gooing, but maybe that's why they pulled the plug on SQ in the first place.........

Archived