jtorsvik

Minne teppe

Hei,

Quiltet et teppe med gamle minner for en kunde. Syntes det var et veldig koselig oppdrag. Her var biter fra mors gamle kjøkkenduk fra 1940, svigermors gamle nattkjole og foreningsduk, samt kundens første hardangersøm fra 1960.. Et ordentlig koselig minneteppe;)

Merete: Kan du sende meg en oppskrift på hvordan å legge med bilde så kan dere se det også;)

Janne Torsvik

jtorsvik@apqs.com

Jannes Quiltestudio

www.quiltestudio.no

Cellphone: +47 48244126

Merete doesn't have to translate:D.

Maybe I should translate what I wrote about the top: My customer made this memory quilt out of an old table cloth from 1950, her first hardanger enbroidery, an night gown from her MIL and other heritaged tings. A really personal quilt!

Janne Torsvik

jtorsvik@apqs.com

Jannes Quiltestudio

www.quiltestudio.no

Hi Janne

Thank you so much for explaining in english what this quilt was all about. It is just a beautiful family heirloom memory quilt. I especially love the blue and white pitcher, plate and tea cups with the scandinavian designs. My father in law was from Copenhagen Denmark and we have some of the Danish blue and white plates from there. I just love all the memories!! So nice to meet you.

Janne:

This is a beautiful heirloom quilt! How wonderful to have family treasures repurposed into a quilt! Thank you for sharing the pictures and the translation. Great job on the quilting, too!!

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

<p>Vickie Oliver Beachside Quilter APQS Rep SW FL 2013 New Gen Millennium, Quilt Path

239-209-0990. Beachsidequilter.com

Yes, I quiltet it. Great to see you here Janet!

And yes it is the history behind every piece that makes it a treasure.

Janne Torsvik

jtorsvik@apqs.com

Jannes Quiltestudio

www.quiltestudio.no

Kjempeflott Jane! Quiltingen passer absolutt på teppet!!

Ser ut som om det bare er oss fra skandinvia som er her, så vi kan kanskje like gjerne skrive engelsk med engang, ellers ender vi bare opp med å oversette etterpå:P

Beautiful quilt Janne!

A beautiful quilt done by a lovely quilter named Janne. :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

You're so sweet Shana! It's a long way till I reach your level. Not much time to practice on my own.

Building me a new studio in our home. As you see ..not a nice Christmas decoration.. Just happy it is not snowing:D

post--13461902947209_thumb.jpg

Janne Torsvik

jtorsvik@apqs.com

Jannes Quiltestudio

www.quiltestudio.no

Okay gals, I see that I've been missing out by assuming that I wouldn't understand a word that was said in the Scandinavisk Forum! Lovely quilt, Janne, and aren't you lucky getting that studio addition to your home - WOW!:D

Joan

Janne,

That is really a beautiful quilt and one with so many memories! Congratulations on building a new studio in your home. I'm sure it will be one of the best decisions you've ever made.

Sandy

Sandra Darlington

Darlington Quilts

2005 APQS Liberty, Circle Lord Enhanced

sandradarlington@aol.com or

DarlingtonQuilts@Gmail.com

I too have been missing out! Today I looked out of curiosity, as I have Norwegian roots. What a lovely quilt! I have done some Hardanger Embroidery and can really appreciate it! Hope you will show more of your work! So interesting....:D Some day I hope to visit your country!

9BD280A625D2D6D2E2166C9DE34879A9.png

Quilting from the Heart

APQS Millenium, Circle Lord equipped, hand guided and lov'n it!!!

http://rosecityquilter.wordpress.com/

http://qfth.ca

Quilting From the Heart is on Facebook!

RoseCity Quilter is also on Facebook!!