hate to peel potatoes?

OK ...that's a cool tip thanks for sharing! :) The things we learn on a quilting chat page... I never knew I could do that! I can see how this would be a great tip if you had 50 lbs of potatoes to peel.,,,,But uhh...I gotta admint.. call me weird but I actually like to peel potatoes! (the silly things that amuse me!) ...But I use a paring knife because I can't seem to manage using those potato peeler thingies. Usually it's 5-7 potatoes (enough for a dinner meal) and I can peel those things pretty fast with my paring knife. Carrots? I can't seem to peel those very well with the peeler thingie, either, so I just use a veggie scrubber thingie (made of plastic) and I give it a good scrubbing and leave the peel on. Got any tips on peeling them carrots?

Shana I like the peel on. There are times though that I do peel potatoes and that is for potatoe salad. I usually boil the potatoes with the skin on and then peel but that is a pain to pull it all off. This looks like it will go really quickly. As for peeling carrots, I buy the baby carrots and they are all peeled for me :P

Pampered Chef has a peeler that I really like. You can peel toward you or away from you and it works great.

Originally posted by hmerrill

..... for potatoe salad. I usually boil the potatoes with the skin on and then peel .....

Yeah, that's what I do, I boil the taters and let them cool and then the skin kinda falls off with the paring knife. That's how I do potato salad normally. I also like to leave a little skin on there, especiall with the new potatoes the skin is so thin anyway.

I love Pampered Chef products. I have a ton of it and all of it is great to use. I need a new Pampered Chef wine bottle opener (I broke mine from over use and abuse) and I'll get me a veggie peeler, too. :) THANKS!

I tried this this summer and all I got was slimey pototoes I had to take the skins off of. I've been making my potato salad by removing the skins, cutting up in bite size pieces and boiling. Then I don't have to take a whole, boiled potato and cut it up, it's already done. I'm curious is anyone else tries this and has better success then I did. I won't be doing it again, as I feel I'm better off peeling them myself. Less slimey. eeeewwwww

Archived