Dutchman flying on YouTube

Loes

Hi everyone,

Theo just finished uploading a YouTube video showing how he draws patterns in Pre-Design Studio.

His video starts with showing one of the new features in Pre-Design Studio II: the freehand draw (sketch) tool.

My own video, showing how to make your own panto rolls using the new Border Maker function in Pre-Design Studio II, can be watched here:

Have fun!!

Loes (VPWoTtD) (very proud wife of Theo the Dutchman :))

Hi Loes! I can't watch You Tube at work so have to wait until I get home. But, I was visiting with my longarm friend at our Christmas dinner party last night and we were talking about you and your design software upgrade! (she has it) :) She's going to MQS this year and will be taking classes with you and Theo. I was telling her what wonderful people you two are.

Love to you and Theo. Merry Christmas to you both!!!

after seeing the extra possibilities, I couldn't wait anymore, just paid for an update,

use it always, when the embroidery needs some perfect lines and details,

use it mostly for planning a continuous line, it's my routeplanner for the longarm

thanks for this special kind of software

Jo

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Originally posted by Hollyrw

Both videos are very cool! I must say, Theo has a very dreamy voice. :)

Yes, and in person, he is dreamy, too! :) Very handsome. And his wife is gorgeous. They are like love birds when you see them together. So cute!!!

Hehehe, thanks for the sweet comments about Theo and his video :)

He's already working on a new one, showing how to draw a Christmas tree, turn it into a panto AND create a corner :)

Hugs,

Loes

I have used Loes' products for years. Starting back with PE Design CD Book. I have ordered my new Pre Design Studio 11. I love, love, love there products. They also have the very best support anyone can ask for. I cannot say enough good things about their support and products.

Hugs to you guys too Loes, and Happy Holidays.

• 1 month later...

Hi Judy

Until Loes or Theo are able to respond to your question. Yes you will be able to.

You can do it with Pre design II too. There is a programme that is on the Pre Design II disc (Ambassador) that allows you to do it. If you have Pre Design, you can upgrade to Pre Design II.

I'll be stocking Pre design II in the next week or so, if you don't already have it.

I only bought my embroidery machine last week after getting excited with all that Pre design could do so am no expert - totally the opposite but am having heaps of fun. I already realise I should have bought a machine with a larger hoop! Have you had your embroidery machine long - I need a mentor>

Originally posted by judysmith

Just watched your video for the Art and Stitch. Am I right in thinking that I can create patterns with it and convert it to my Bernina format, without needing digitising capability on my sewing machine?

Judy, I'm not Loes, but I believe it depends on what format your Bernina uses. This program will convert to PES and other formats but I believe it will NOT convert to ART files.

Thanks to the two Sues.

I've had my Bernina 440 for a few years now. It's the basic model and I mostly purchase digitised patterns from Jenny Haskins (so, so beautiful).

I hope Sue in Scottsdale isn't right about the ART files because that's the format for this series of Berninas!!!!

Perhaps I can upgrade so that I can digitise myself. Can I use either pre-design or Art and Stitch in this way with my embroidery format?

Regards,

Judy

Bernina embroidery machines can open EXP format.

Art and Stitch is a full digitizing program, dedicated to longarm quilting but also great for embroidery digitizing. Art and Stitch can open ART files, and save as EXP files for Bernina (plus many, many other quilt and embroidery formats). So you won't need anything else than Art and Stitch :)

Pre-Design Studio II has some neat embroidery stitch capabilities too, but only for outlines, not filled designs: it can create jumpfree redwork, quilting patterns and applique, in DST format, which can be read by most machines with a USB port. Pre-Design Studio II comes with Pulse Ambassador on the CD, which can convert the DST into any home embroidery format. For Bernina you would need the EXP.

Loes

Archived