How many....

I am curious. How many of you are simply quilting for hire vs make my own, quilt my own? Or a bit of both?

I am strictly a make my own and quilt my own person. Now that summer is here I have the time to be able to finish projects and sew for more the 5 minutes at a time. I love summer!

I am a make my own/quilt for others kind of operation, however, I haven't had time for my own. Hopefully that is changing. My DH has been waiting since last September to get his birthday present quilted. Every time customer quilts come in, he tells me to put it to the back of the line. Maybe I will surprise him and get it done this summer.

I too am both...while in Nevada I was a 24/7 for almost 8 years I quilted for a shop and others and got NOTHING done for me...with the move to New York it gave me the excuse to shut the shop down and get some rest....just now getting ready to gear back up and start quilting again. But this time I too am planning to remember the "word" NO and not get so overwhelmed....although mine was total burn out.

I quilt for myself. I also quilt QOV's and occasionally for a friend. There are so many quilts I want to make, so many QOV's that need to be quilted, plus I work 30 hours a week, so have no time to quilt for others as a business. Anyway, the more I read about people's problems with their customers (yes, I know that that's probably not the norm!), the gladder I am that I don't do this as a business. Also, I'm sure that to make what I make at my part-time job, I'd have to do a lot of quilts and would have even less time to quilt my own things!

Olive, I am new to this forum but will respond. I quilt for myself and with 16 grandkids mostly I play on stuff for them. I work around 30 hours a week, am involved in prison minsitry and grief counseling and now my DH has deciced in my spare time I should make money quilting for others so we are going to the Quilters Faire in Keizer this weekend to check out Millie. I wonder can we count quilting as sleep?:D

Hi Bekah,

Somehow we all find time to quilt, even if it *is* in our sleep!

(Sleep is highly over rated, don't you think?! :P

I am at the Quilters Faire as we speak, what an *AWESOME* show!!

You will love it, looking forward to our class tomorrow! ;)

Archived