Quilt-EZ Questions

joeland48

I am new to quilting and looking around at different quilting templates. Of all that i could find, Quilt-EZ is the cheapest for long arm set-ups. Since it's been a while since the last post i was just seeing if anyone else had a chance to use the product and i was just looking for the positives and the negatives of the product. Is there anything that i should know before a purchase? Lots of people have said a lot about the Circle Lord, but not much about why this product is or isn't good. Thanks

Are the templates still haveing a problem with moving? The comment was made a while ago, has the company not addressed it? What about customer service, are they any good? In comparisson to what they do offer is there anything lacking that would push me one way or another?

I am very happy with the product. In fact I Just bought a few more templates. Occasionally I have a problem with them moving. It is usually on the smaller templates (they're lighter) and on a spot on my table that is not entirely level like were the cross tubes are located. I have put an extra piece of the grippy stuff that is on the underside of the template. This has resolved the issue. I don't know if the company has addressed it or not. I am a pretty low maintenance quilter (I didn't say person!) and usually will figure stuff out and make them work. The movement was not a big deal for me. Customer service has been great as far as my dealings with them. I like them because the price is reasonable, easy to put stylus on my machine, easy to use, easy to store and I can buy individually as I need. They often have sales as well.

I have never used Circle Lord. I love to spend money, am very good at and not afraid of big ticket items. I have just never been convinced that it is worth the price. I know a lot of quilters love the CL and do beautiful work with it.

• 5 months later...

I have some templates from both companies, but only use one stylus, it seems to work and I don't have extra 'stuff' hanging on my machine. The CL sections fit together much nicer and don't have 'ridge bumps' like I have encountered with the EZ. I like the variety of designs with EZ that don't require so many thread starts/stops. CL has many varieations with theirs but require many starts/stops. They both have their place. Price is of course, a big factor, but how much will they be used is just as big.

Grace

So the Quilt E-Z stylus will work on the flat table templates offered by Circle Lord? Now if CL templates were the same price as Q E-Z.

Has anyone made grooved templates on their own?

Anyone have any pull with Quilt E-Z as in asking for other template designs?

Sue

Farmhouse Quilting

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a reply I received from the company.

"Quilt-EZ has come a long way since last year. I saw some concerns on some posts, I'll try to help out.

With the templates not being level, our stylus is made to account for that so guaranteed you don't get caught, a quilt-EZ stylus is needed though.

Our rings for the templates have been modified to fit exactly every time.

We have made a new stylus in 2006 (the one with black parts) that is precision made to ensure perfect circles, spirals etc.

We are always open to ideas for new templates anyone with a creative eye contact joe at joe@quilt-EZ.com."

Archived