MQS 2010 - Are you going?

PattyJo

How many of you are going to be at MQS this next year? I'm going (now jumping up and down at the thought of it) and will be looking for room mates. If you would like to split the cost of the room, please U2U me. I'm really excited about this and have my plane reservations made. Which hotel is the best and why??? Any info would be great. And what is the weather like in May in Overland Park? Long johns, or capri's? :cool:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, Patty!! I'm all registered but haven't given a thought to hotel, nor have I made any flight reservations. First year I was there I shared a room at the Sheraton - nice to be close but a little spendy. Last year I shared a room at the Marriott Courtyard - just across the street from the Convention Center. Price was better, especially shared, but when it rained, the trek to the room was not nice at all.......

Weather in Kansas City in May?....I'll take this one. It can rain like a son-of-a-gun or not ;) It can drop a tornado on you...but not without warning and the hotels have a plan, so not to worry. Bring a sweater or light jacket because the temprature in the classrooms can be colder then outside. It is springtime and beautiful. Perfect temps....just don't be afraid of the thunderstorms.

I'll be glad to meet you Patty Jo ! I've stayed at 2 different places there. The Courtyard last year, and Super 8 the year before. Super 8 isn't real close,bout a 3 min. drive. I don't know where I'm staying this year.I always get a car so I can go wherever.:cool: If my DD gives me hotel points I will be at the Courtyard. If she doesn't I'll be at the Super 8. Birget stayed there last year.It's not bad, but not fancy either. As far as clothes, it's like Florida. Weather subject to change at any time ! LOL I took capris and a pair or two of jeans. We are pretty laid back. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again ! Glenda

OH boy I'm sure looking forward to meeting a lot of you also. We've been talking on the chat for several years and I feel like you guys are all family. I'm flying in on Tues and will head home on Sunday. Ok, now I've got to calm down, sit down and breath......this is just too exciting!:cool:

I'm flying in Sunday - and flying home Saturday (Frontier Airline had great prices!) If anyone has a car and would like company going some place different to see Overland Park - keep me in mind. I'm staying at the Sheraton just 'cause it's close and I want to SLEEP and not have to get up at the crack of o-dark-100 to take the morning classes.

So many of you have been a quilting inspiration to me (and given me a few really good laughs - Mary Beth!) I'm looking forward to meeting as many as can get together.

Hi Pat-

I'm strongly considering going, but since I have a brother-in-law and sister-in-law who live there, was planning to stay with them. I'd love to connect with everyone at the convention, though!

Are you going to the Moxie meeting in Jan.? Let's ride together again, OK?

Have a great holidays!

Wish I was going this year. I went in 2007, had a wonderful time, learned a lot and planned to go again every year. In 2008 my Grandson graduated High School that week and wouldn't you know, my Granddaughter is graduating High School in the middle of the week this year. I'll be there next year, though. Don't have anymore Grandchildren.

By the way, my vote is for the Sheraton. Stayed there last time and it couldn't be more convenient or nicer.

Anne

This will be my first year attending. (the friend I am going with has been to MQX a few years ago) I made reservations at the Sheraton in Sept, got a great deal on a room. When I went to add another night the rate went from $114 to $250 for that room, so for one night we have a different room. LOL I registered for my classes as soon as it opened up on the 1st. We are getting there Monday evening, classes Tue-Fri, will probably shop on Saturday, not sure if we will stay Sat night or not yet. I'm very excited to go!! :D

Originally posted by Leslie Anne

Wish I was going this year. I went in 2007, had a wonderful time, learned a lot and planned to go again every year. In 2008 my Grandson graduated High School that week and wouldn't you know, my Granddaughter is graduating High School in the middle of the week this year. I'll be there next year, though. Don't have anymore Grandchildren.

By the way, my vote is for the Sheraton. Stayed there last time and it couldn't be more convenient or nicer.

Anne

Me too for the same reasons!!

• 1 month later...

I'm going and this will be my first time. I've only had my Millennium since Dec. I've already booked the Sheraton from the 10th - 15th and my airfare. I'm very excited about the classes I've registered for and hope to learn lots. I can't wait to meet people and see all the new things.

Hope to see you there.;)

Me too, I'm going along with 2 other longarm friends from Paducah. Make that 3 friends from Paducah. Sally Terry will be riding back home with us in her car that we are driving up to Overland Park. Cant wait to meet all of you from the list. Do you get together at a special place? How do you recognize each other? Inquiring minds want to know???

I've got my classes and my teacher angel asignments and tonight made my flight res. Now all I have to do is my hotel. I'm leaning back to the Super 8. It's clean, 3 minutes away without going on the main roads, and best of all it's cheap ! Now to do that and reserve a car.I arrive Sun about noon and will stay until Sun. Flight at 8 am. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones ! Glenda

I'm going and will be there Monday through Thursday. I promised my grandson that I would come for his confirmation and don't you know, out of the 52 weeks they could have it, it is the Sunday after MQS, so I have to leave early to fly to Maryland. I'll be coming with two ladies from my guild and staying at the Sheraton. We don't really know each other, but by the time we drive to Overland Park we will! :D I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there!

Archived