14 foot table rails/ Are they bending

I got my Edge Rider wheels and wow what a difference for a few days. I started having a drag when the head is in the middle or between the rod supports. My DH put on two dial indicators and the rail are showing dead on zero in the supports put vary up to .2 of an inch and the machine is hard to control in these areas.

Any one else have a problem?

I noticed that my take up bar also seemed to sag a little in the middle over time, when I spoke to APQs that said that it sometimes happens with the 14 ft bars. So I marked the high area with a little piece of blue tape and try to keep that area up each time I advance the quilt and over time they said it should level back down again.. that plus I did raise the bar a little so it doesn't touch anything underneath...

Hi Dell, When hooking my CQ up the other day I discovered that my leveler rail is "sagging" as well. I too have a 14" table. I think it is just the nature of the beast so to speak. It shouldn't cause a problem. If it was causing me an issue I would move my table top and "hang" a bit in the middle of the bar. I know this sounds like &(*+_#%^& but really it will happen given time and the length and weight of the rail.

The leveling bar is fine and I understand it may sag and need to be turned as with any rod. But my problem is the rails on the fron and the back of the table. I'll attach a picture with the dial indicators in place to measure the edge of the rails.

Now do you see my problem. If I adjust the ER Wheels over the support rods at zero then moved the head either way the wheels then sit on the edge and a drag develops. Youu can see the head is between the supports and the dail indicators shows it has moved towards the center of the table .2 inches.

post--13461903007838_thumb.jpg

Dell. You should have 2 long bolts going through the black truss in the center of the table and these bolts are to raise the rails up in the center. The truss and the bolts combined add support to the center of the table. It looks like you don't have them installed. They should have been in the hardware kit and the instructions for them are in the table set-up directions. Let me know if you need a picture. I can take it and email it to you.

Read your instructions and adjust the truss bars. This is what keeps the table from sagging. To check go to the end of the table and sight along the top of each rail. Then adjust the truss to level the table. Properly adjusted you should never have any sag in your table. In your picture it appears the truss does not have any tension. I can not see the adjusting bolts or the cross bar. Did you install them per the instructions?

John

Okay my table is level. No problem with that. The table is not sagging. The rails according to the dial indicators are not equally parallel to each other. Does that make sense?

So what happens when the wheels go where the rails "Bend" towards the center of the table the wheel rides lower on the rail and the feel of the machine is a dragging or resistance to move.

I'm busy tommorrow so HD and I will tackle this on Saturday. Will let you know what happens! Thanks again for your suggestions!!!!

Thanks Heidi,

We did that first. Didn't help. But tomorrow we plan to tackle that sucker if it takes all day!

I'm going to visit one of my daughters and her son Niko age 23 months. I had him for 4 days this past week. Four days of saying 'NO" every 5 seconds and to point and not touch the tree. But you know how those beautiful eye looks at you and fill your heart, Anyway I gotta go see them. You would think he is the only one. Nope got 10 more. blessings.

Dell,

I don't have my edgeriders installed yet, but I'm having the same problem as you're having. It's almost like my table is bowed. I need to work on it because it's causing me problems when working free hand.

There are two spots on my table rails -- that when my machine hits them, the machine feels like it's sticking to glue and won't move smoothly.

Good news girls, I also seemed to have some areas where I just struggled to make the machine go where I wanted it to go, I tweeked the wheels, measured the rail distance, even moved the legs to be sure it wasn't torking the table...when I put on the ER wheels, all of that is gone...it just glides....I would think it was the wheels but then why would it only affect certain areas of the table? Anyway, the new wheels will make a big differance!

ou oh ... should dancing bear be worried? new 2009 Millennium ... how long before Max develops scoliosis? I am obsessing and not concentrating on dancing ... in fact, I am so anxious for christmas to come because I just want to glide and waltz and twirl with Max and have been unable to because there is so much Christmas things to take care of. But santa comes every day with new item for Max ... extra set of zippers, Darlene Epp books (ooohhhhh ... feathers everywhere!), stencils, pantographs, threads ... Merry Christmas everyone! Don't forget to dance with someone you love! glide, twirl, dip, hold it ... up and bow.,,

Good Morning gals!

My Hubby is going to add 4 more spacers bars today. I 'm praying this will work. Before I bought my machine he kept telling me he would made me one. So keep your finger crossed for me and say a pray. BTW he really does know what he's doing. LOL.

Georganne and Vickie, I had a couple of "sticky" areas too before I put my wheels on. It was good for a few days then trouble started. We measured the change of distance between the rails with a dail indicator on each rail. Took a measurement with the machine at the back, the middle and the front of the table. The machine was placed over each support rod (shaded) and between the support rods. Here is the graph showing the changes. if the change was .005 not problem but more and around .010 a real problem.

post--13461903008619_thumb.jpg

Archived