batting rolls

My husband thinks my roll of QD Puff looks like a hot water heater.

I have mine laying on the floor, and have an old white twin bed sheet wrapped around it and just 3 safety pins (ends and the middle) holding the sheet on to keep the batting clean. Since I'm only quilting for me, I don't need to open it everyday, so it's really not too much of a hastle.

Originally posted by sandradarlington

My husband thinks my roll of QD Puff looks like a hot water heater.

I have mine laying on the floor, and have an old white twin bed sheet wrapped around it and just 3 safety pins (ends and the middle) holding the sheet on to keep the batting clean. Since I'm only quilting for me, I don't need to open it everyday, so it's really not too much of a hastle.

Thank you Sandra! This was my light bulb moment. I have 3 rolls of batting. One belongs to Claudia...from when she was teaching at MQS. She used it in her classes and has a big roll, she told me just to keep and use. I had just ordered 2 rolls so I was planning to hold it for her for MQS (she doesn't know that-guess I should let here know :D). I look at them every day and wonder what to do to keep them dust free. Duh:D

My QD 60" wide is a 60" long tube; 93" wide is folded inhalf and then rolled on a 48" long tube. By the way, I figured out that QD costs the same, roll or packaged batt. I was having trouble with my shipper damaging rolls, so I now order cases of batts; the customer pays for the full batt.

Archived