My Quilting Studio

KerriM

Hi Everyone,

I've spent New Years Day cleaning my studio and took pictures if anyone wants to look. To start the new year out with a clean sewing room.

My Milli is only a couple months old and I just love it. I traded in my Ult II for the Milli.

I use this bonus room for sewing, quilting and working on photo albums. (The messy desk behind my Milli is the photo album stuff that I still need to organize).

My cutting table was made by a carpenter that helped build our house (also a our friend). I don't quilt for a business, so I just work on my quilts or ones as gifts. I can easily spend all day there and only come out when I need to make dinner or do laundry.

Thanks for looking. Here's the website:

http://community.webshots.com/album/576135842CjBfcg

Kerri

Kerri! Hi! I live in NE too, 16 miles south of York, where are you? BTW your sewing area is just great! I have mine split up, my DSM lives in the house in what is supposed to be the family room and my Millie lives in it's own 'studio' just outside the house. E-mail me or U2U me-we should get together!

Julie lives in Bellevue NE, south of Omaha.

Hi Julia,

I live in the Seward area. I go to York once in a while and you are very close. And you said Julie lives in Bellevue. Well, I'm from Bellevue and my Mom still lives there. What a small world. We should all get together sometime and piece quilts. Thanks for the comments on the studio. Kerri

Loved your studio,and the view of the snow from the window - especially lovely as it's so hot over here in Oz! Would love to get out in that snow for 10 minutes! I also liked the storage drawers under the table, very clever use of space. I've still got my old machine which hasn't sold yet under my Millie, but when I've sold the old machine, I will look around for drawers that fit.

Thankyou for posting the pics, very inspiring!

Shelley in WA.

Hi Roxanne,

I got the 3-drawer bins from Wal-mart. They do fit perfect under the machine. They also fit under my last machine. (The Ult II with a wooden table). Some of them hold my thread and some quilt projects and some are still empty tho. Hopes it helps.

Now I gotta work on taking Christmas decorations down so I can start quilting again. Kerri

Roxanne,

There might be a weight limit but I thought of that while we were building our house and knew the cabinets, desks and quilting machine that would be going in there might be a lot of weight. And DH suggested extra support in the beams that are in the garage (bonus room above it) just to be safe. Those quilt magazines in the shelves keep multiplying somehow and I guess they can get heavy. :)

Kerri

Archived