Yurt Teaser...

DoryJM

This is a photo my step-daughter took last weekend while they were here for our Christmas celebration. Its a bit of a tease, since you can only see the outside of the yurt...but notice the smoke escaping the chimney. Isn't it cute???

This weekend, we will get everything put away and then I'll be a picture-posting fool! Stay tuned.....

post--1346190310182_thumb.jpg

Dory, it looks great! Is it staying nice and warm in there? I know you can have some pretty good snows. If we make a Graeagle trip this summer I'd love to come by and see it.

We have dear old friends that moved to Minden on retiring. Cindy is very active in the horse rescue and their Posse. She is also a quilter!

Marilyn

I think it is about time we get those pictures seems you have been teasing us for months now. How long since you started this endeavor anyway. I think you could have built it from scratch in that amount of time. Just remember all good things are worth waiting, but you know we are all an impatient bunch, so pretty please with Sugar on top.

Okay, so here's the plan. Tonight was our "Friday Night Margarita" night (Thursdays are our Fridays) so no work tonight. Tomorrow, we hope to get the yurt in order enough for pics; if not, by Saturday for sure. I promise...inside pics this week.

And for all of you that think you're threatening me with coming over, I say: "Come on over!":D:P I'm hoping to have Shannon out this summer to do some teaching of her Doodlebug style and you're certainly all welcome then!!

As far as being tempted to ride more than quilt, right now its cold so riding isn't quite as tempting;)

Dory,

It's BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for those inside pics! I have been wondering where you were on this for quite a while.

You are so lucky to live in a warm climate that you can put up that yurt.

If I tried to do that here in Nebraska, the 40+ mph winds would have blown it to the east coast within 48 hours!

Wow. Breath takingly beautiful! I too did not know what a yurt was until this forum. Dory, thanks for the peek but please put up those pictures when you can. Especially for those of us living in a city. The surrounding area just looks incredible. I am fortunate and have a nice indoor sewing room but would love to have a fraction of that incredible view.

That's why us New Yorkers are envious of that CA. sunshine. Who wouldn't be? Have fun moving in!

Archived