pondering

and i have a freedom and its a little less than 5 feet deep with the machine pushed all the way back - which i think is the maximum depth it can be.

i think the milli and freedom are the same width, but wait for someone smarter than me to confirm that.

I have a Millie and my table is approximately 50" deep, measureing the width of the legs, and I have another 28" behind it to allow room for the head to move all the way back on the carriage and also for me to walk behind the table and use pantos or the Circle Lord templates. For me 6 feet would be minimum space to be comfortable. Some people have put the front side of the machine toward the wall if they want to face windows or doors rather than a wall. Welcome to the forum!

I have a Millie on a 12' frame with power advance and my first home that my Millie lived in had a room that was 15' x 12 ' and I had enough room to have my DM machine and sewing cabinet, pressing table, stash cabinet - just about everything I needed except a cutting table (I used the counter in my kitchen for that). I could only get around one end of my Millie and had enough room to work on both sides of my machine.

We moved 2 1/2 yrs ago and I have more room now, but I was able to do it all in that space. ;)

Welcome to the forum, Rocket! The Freedom and Millie are the same head, same size everything, so all the measurements and space requirements are the same. If you have a tight space, consider getting the casters. I have them and just push my entire table back to the wall when I am using the front of the machine. When I want to use the pantograph side, I push it out into the center of the room. You can only be on one side at a time, so it works for me! Good luck with your decision!!

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

Archived