doodlebug

yeah! such a good response for this...i'm excited

DEADLINE: April 30th, 2010

Colors:

-Cream background-

-Bright florals-

-Jewel tone coordinates-

-Spring greens-

we all will be making the same block. this will give us a 'bonnie hunter' type scrappy quilt! this is a simple and easy pieced block. the cutting measurements for the flying geese use the 'no waste' method of piecing.

blocks will be 12" finished/ 12 1/2" unfinished/ raw edge.

blocks will be made in sets of 12. if you want more than 12 blocks, then you are welcome to make more than one set, but each set needs to be made with different fabrics.

the back ground fabric for all blocks is to be a cream/ traditional natural print. the green will be in the same place in each block for unity in our finished quilts.

this is the same block i used for my blog's bom...(i'm making it do double duty) CLICK HERE to go to the tutorial for tips to piece it.

any questions you can post here, or email me

here's a word document file for downlaod with all the info...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

are we signing the blocks? do the blocks have to be identical fabrics in the 12 block set? {{you said to ask questions here, remember?}}

I was soooo hoping this was the block you were going to pick! I love this one. :)

yes to both questions. I would like the signatures on the blocks to be subtle, please

Can I play? I love to piece. I will find someone to quilt it for me.

If I get to play... I need clarification.. each block is made with this pattern? The green fabric is the only fabric that has to be consistent throughout all blocks (not necessarily green- the piece chosen)? Each block could be totally different fabrics? (except for the "green")

Originally posted by jackie_lathem

If I get to play... I need clarification.. each block is made with this pattern? The green fabric is the only fabric that has to be consistent throughout all blocks (not necessarily green- the piece chosen)? Each block could be totally different fabrics? (except for the "green")

YES! we all will be making the same block. the green fabric must be used in the same place as my block! . the background of the blocks will be natural/cream print. these are the only two must be followed 'rules' one of the fabrics in the block needs to be a floral, but you can pick where you use it....

clear as mud....?

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Dory...you better learn how to read. :D

We are making 12 blocks and sending 11...we keep one for ourselves!

I don't have to learn to read when there are people like you watching out for me!! :P:D

Okay, make 12, send 11...got it!!!!!!!

My blocks are done. Doodlebug, what's the PO Box to send to?

JUST KIDDING!!!! How many did I fool????? :P:P:P:P I'm sure I have enough of the materials in my stash, but haven't picked them out yet. I'm feeling onary today since it's the first day the sun has shined here since the middle of January!! Quilting by sunlight just makes me happy!::cool:

Originally posted by CindyT

My blocks are done. Doodlebug, what's the PO Box to send to?

JUST KIDDING!!!! How many did I fool?????

LOL :) almost got me!

i want to ask....is it okay to post this to my blog? i went to the LQS and they asked what i was buying fabric for. i explained and one lady wants to play along....

yes- i have a paypal account for postage....

Originally posted by doodlebug

i want to ask....is it okay to post this to my blog? i went to the LQS and they asked what i was buying fabric for. i explained and one lady wants to play along....

yes- i have a paypal account for postage....

Certainly you can post this on your blog...but, if your blog readers start sending blocks in, you have to promise to send me back the prettiest ones!!:D:P:D

Archived