Quilting room and LA studio

KDquilter

My DH and kids built me a room attached to the back of the garage that's 16 x 24 with a closet for my fabric stash. (Before he built the room I took over the dinner table and living room.) Originally we were going to put a LA into the room which has a separate entrance from the outside for a business. Before we purchased the LA my DH put a sofa where the LA would be so he could come watch TV while I was sewing.

When we purchased the LA he decided he liked having the sofa out there and decided to convert the garage into the LA room. We paneled the walls, finished the ceiling, added cabinets, painted and put carpet on the floors. We already had a good furnace in the garage so we added air conditioning for the summer and now I have the 24 x 24 garage for the LA and the other room just for sewing projects.

The kids are getting older, but they still come and hang out with me all the time. I’m hardly ever alone in the room for more than a few minutes at a time.

post--13461903415443_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by KDquilter

My DH and kids built me a room attached to the back of the garage that's 16 x 24 with a closet for my fabric stash. (Before he built the room I took over the dinner table and living room.) Originally we were going to put a LA into the room which has a separate entrance from the outside for a business. Before we purchased the LA my DH put a sofa where the LA would be so he could come watch TV while I was sewing.

When we purchased the LA he decided he liked having the sofa out there and decided to convert the garage into the LA room. We paneled the walls, finished the ceiling, added cabinets, painted and put carpet on the floors. We already had a good furnace in the garage so we added air conditioning for the summer and now I have the 24 x 24 garage for the LA and the other room just for sewing projects.

The kids are getting older, but they still come and hang out with me all the time. I’m hardly ever alone in the room for more than a few minutes at a time.

post--13461903415516_thumb.jpg

post--13461903415586_thumb.jpg

post--13461903415655_thumb.jpg

post--13461903415733_thumb.jpg

Come on, are you sure that was a garage at some point in time??????? It looks too fabulous!!! You definitely have a keeper - do not let him go. Enjoy your studio is is beautiful and the icing on the cake is that your family wants to spend time with you in there while you do what you love. It sounds too perfect. I just wish the pictures were a bit bigger so I could enjoy them more!!

Take care and thanks for sharing, I love looking at everyone else's studios it gives me great inspiration to get mine up to par.

Take care,

Lisa:D

Archived