AccuQuilt

Mary Beth

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won't be at MQS. They will be in Sacramento in March and I have to go up to that show to pick up some stuff from someone else. I can always pick one up and bring it to Kansas in May (sounds like a song doesn't it?)

I'm not affiliated but I really like this ruler. Have yet to use the one that cuts off the corners of triangles and such. If it makes them sit better in the pattern - I'm all for it. This is where they'll be. http://www.guidelines4quilting.com/EventSchedule.html

ok, I have another question about the Accuquilt for those of you who have one. I have been searching and searching and can't find anything about keeping the fabric on the straight of grain. Most videos I have seen, they just plop the fabric down and run it through the cutter. Looks a little too haphazard to me. How easy (or difficult) is it to make sure everything is lined up properly to make sure the cuts are on the straight grain? Does anyone have any problems with this??

The instructions on the strip dies say cut 8.5" width of fabric. Put that piece in and cut the strips. Haven't had any problems with the strips. Can't put the strip dies in at an angle - no way - no how. Ask me how I know. They need to go straight in the machine.

As for the other dies, haven't done those yet, but like Linzi said - Ricky Timm says to put them into the Go at a slight angle. I'm going to continue to put all my dies in straight due to my shoulder/thumb issues.

Some of the blades are at an angle to the die so you line the fabric up with the blade not the edge of the die.

Does that make sense?

You can feed those through the cutter straight but the dies where the blades are parallel to the die edge you should feed through at an angle....except the strip dies!

Well, my new friend that sells the AccuQuilt Go has posted on her facebook that she is offering the lowest price she has ever offered!! You all need to check it out

http://www.sparklingsuzystudio.com./

You can click on the link but it takes you to an email so you can contact her to find out what the sale is all about. I haven't done it yet, because I am afraid I will like it too much ;)

Guest Linda S

PSSSSSSSSTTTTT! Over here! Step over to the corner and come on into this back alley and I'll let you in on a secret. If you have a business, you can order a Go from EE Schenck for WHOLESALE (50% off). They have a $250 minimum, so if you order the Go and lots of dies, you'll get you minimum in and have nearly the whole set for what you would pay otherwise. I think these cutters are the bomb, but I don't think I'd use it enough to make it worth my while.

Linda...not that I need to justify my purchase...but I'm thinking, with all my stash...and with 3 granddaughters...I'm thinking I could convert them before they get too old to want to do other things....and it would make quilting much more fun it the pieces were cut out with this thing....don't you think??

Just more FYI on the Accuquilt Go. I'm babysitting the granddogs (active little Chihuahuas) and can't leave them in the family room too long alone. Interesting what they seem to find to get into.

So, this weekend got lots of different fabric combos together and today - cut out all the fabric for three quilts. Tomorrow two more will be cut. I'd be drained if I had done all of the strips needed individually. The Go strip cutting sure make life easier!

I did it!! I just set up an account with EE Schenck....thank you Linda Steller....I did have 2 other alternatives, but decided to go ahead and open my own account, there are other products that they sell that I can use....Yippee....now I can't wait to get that GO!!

Originally posted by sewlinzi

Will Accuquilt be at MQX?

I wonder if anyone sells the Studio cutter wholesale to businesses?

Accuquilt was not at the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton VA last weekend. I was very disappointed. I was hoping for some good deals.

Rose Hall

Custom Quilt Kits

Guest Linda S

Way to go MaryBeth! And, Schenck does free shipping on notions over (I think) $150. A Go cutter is considered a notion. There's your best all around deal.

Linda

Linda;

I also want to thank you for posting about EE Schenck, I also opened up an account with them and should be getting my accuquilt go this week :) Like Mary Beth I have ALOT of scraps /stash that need to be organized and this was too good to pass up plus since they carry other stuff that I also use batting, wide quilt backs, rotary blades, machine needles, etc... why not purchase them at wholesale prices, maybe I will even start offering batting and backs to my customers again.

Come summer time (when the snow birds go home) I am once again tamming the stash!!!

Archived