My panel for Linzi's Quilted Yurt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be one of (I think) 32 panels that will become the interior "wall paper" for Linzi's yurt. She is making a quilted yurt to enter into a quilt show in Loch Lomond, Scotland in May. Due to how very ambitious this project is, and the approaching deadline, she asked for a few volunteers to help her make a panel. So, I am one of the volunteers. Linzi will be coming to MQX in April, and I will meet her there and give her the panel. So the name in my subject line is not the name of the quilt...it is for Linzi's quilted yurt. :)

Oh, Jeanne, I was having so much fun with this, that I might do something similar later on. I was "addicted" to working on it. I just didn't want to go to bed at night, but, 6:00 AM comes quickly, when I quilt til midnight. I really need to get more sleep than that. I guess that comes with age, too. :P

You posted this when I was asleep!! I just GASPED when I saw it as it is PERFECT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!:D:D:D

It is exactly what I would have done if I'd given the project 5 years (Ok, so I had one year but have only been hard at it since Christmas!)

I am so weak - I allowed myself to be begged into doing an emergency DWR next week so I have to work even harder this week. Now I am having to simplify and get them bound - I can always add more later...

I also have to make 4 skinny panels from tweed offcuts so the roof and walls talk to each other

BTW the fabulous panels will be on the outside...!

OMG....I haven't danced with total excitement in a long time... Sandra THAT is gorgeous, and so Linzi. You nailed it and WOW all the little touches are perfect, I wish it was coming to my house. I am so happy for you...you did a GREAT job.

Linzi - I'm so glad you like it! :D Oh, they will be on the outside? That's even better, as it will surely attract more people to it. So, your tweed roof will be on the outside, too? Now I know this will draw the crowds! What will be on the inside? I'm so excited that you like it.

Hi Bonnie & Brenni, Thanks for the kudos.

Archived