Anybody use the QZ wavy lines template yet??

I have already left Adam a message...still waiting to hear back.

IF apqs would give us a subforum that would be fantastic...but if not, a separate blog would work too.

I could not access quiltazoid.com last night...and have had the problem in the past, so maybe a separate blog would be good.

One would be easy to set up and I am on the computer for many hours a day...probably more than most of you, so I really could set it up and moderate it. :) And it would be FREE!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you guys were chatty last night. Of course with the wonky times on the posts I'm not really sure when it was.

I spent about 30 seconds yesterday looking for a link to the APQS webmaster. I didn't find one. I think a subforum would be great but if that doesn't work out a blog would be a good solution. As long as registered users could add to it so that one person is straddled with maintaining it. We could all add a link in our signature area so it would be easier for people to get to.

If we do start up a Quiltazoid blog, I would be happy to help out with monitoring the blog when the girls in the USA are in their beds. My computer is usually on all day except for when I go out.

I agree the sub forum would be the easier, but the advantages of having a blog where videos and such would be great.

Someone could also consider starting a Yahoo group for the QZ. That'd personally be my least favorite option, but it's a though.

I went ahead and disable the stuff I'd set up since it didn't seem like a popular option. If you guys change your mind, it's a simple matter for me to enable it again.

CJ - In no way did I mean to imply that your blog solution wasnt a good idea. If we can't get our own subforum here, I think your blog idea is a good one. And since you have already set it up - even better. I apologize if my wording hurt your fellings in any way. That was certainly not my intention.

It's just that I am already signed into here at least once per day - checking the todays posts and learning - so I was just trying to say that I would prefer a link here rather than visit another site. There is only so much time in the day - and what spare time I do have I like to use PPPing.

Anyway, nothing good ever comes of whining....but I just can't stop myself sometimes.

Sorry Ladies :(

Oh good heavens not at all! It literally took me 5 minutes to set that up, it was just a thought I had this morning, since it's easy for me to do. No skin off my nose at all if it's not a good solution, and you absolutely didn't hurt my feelings, LOL

Originally posted by meg

CJ - In no way did I mean to imply that your blog solution wasnt a good idea. If we can't get our own subforum here, I think your blog idea is a good one. And since you have already set it up - even better. I apologize if my wording hurt your fellings in any way. That was certainly not my intention.

It's just that I am already signed into here at least once per day - checking the todays posts and learning - so I was just trying to say that I would prefer a link here rather than visit another site. There is only so much time in the day - and what spare time I do have I like to use PPPing.

Anyway, nothing good ever comes of whining....but I just can't stop myself sometimes.

Sorry Ladies :(

Wow, so much has happened on this thread since I dropped in yesterday. Some really great ideas, if APQS doesn't come through for us. I would LOVE to see a book on the QZ, filled with how to's and different ideas. I would certainly want to order one! There is so much to learn and share, I would love it to be here on this forum as I'm here most days, but if not, let's go another route, if Adam and Linda are agreeable.

Whiney Meg, You would be perfect for princess and the pea!!!! :P:P

Actually I didn't think you were whining at all, it would be nice to have our own spot on here and I just got an email from Heidi saying it would be coming soon :)

I have to admit though that I was also looking forward to using the blog CJ set up:(

Thanks for doing that for all of us!!!!!

Archived