Stamped dot pattern on quilt top

My customer purchased a quilt kit at a festival in Toronto. The background is off white and she enbroidered roses in the center of each block. There are gold dots stamped on it which create a pattern. I'm quilting over the dots with cream color So Fine, but the dots still show through the thread. (it appears it's meant for hand quilting using thicker thread.)

I called my customer and made her aware of this and she's hoping the dots will wash out.

Has anyone ever heard of such a stamped pattern and if it will, in fact, wash out?

I seem to do lots of embroidred quilts. Most have been stamped with blue. My customers tell me the markings wash out. I have seen some of them bound when they have been brought to guild for show and tell and the stamped lines are gone. I have 3 more of them waiting to be quiltid. jeri

Yes, the dots will wash out, but you should inform your customer that the first washing should be in luke warm plain water...no soap or fabric softner. Some detergents and fabric softners will set in the dots, just like they do the blue water marker some of us use. If she does the plain water the first time she shouldn't have any trouble. However, she might want to throw in a dye grabber for the bleed off should the embroidery threads bleed.

Archived