Millenium Top Roller Brake

I have the brake end of my Millenium against a wall, no power advance.

I usually roll the quilt on using the Quilt Top Bar. I would like to move my brake to the other end where I can easily let the brake off and advance the quilt at the same time.

The 20 foot sections of The World's Biggest Hexagon Quilt are too heavy to not use my brake as I normally do.

Can any one see a problem? I know there doesn't appear to be paint on the bars where the brake is. Will it slip?

Lyn

There is no paint on mine where the brake is, but I don't know the reason behind the no-paint. I don't know if it affects the performance of the brake. You could easily just try it and see if it moves any differently with or without the paint. Also, you could easily just reverse the poles, so that the non-painted ends are at the side of the table you want the brake at.

Hi Lyn

The purpose of the area without paint is so that the tension blocks grip better. I know of at least one lady who has swapped ends and hasn't removed the paint on the other end of the rollers and hasn't had any problems so give it a got and see how it works for you.

Turning the rollers will work too but you will have to rewind the canvas so that it rolls off correctly.

Good luck

sue

Looks like I will need to get some of the sticky sandpaper.

I put a baby quilt on and it seems to slip, So I am sure it will slip with a bigger quitl.

I have some non slip shower tread that I use on my rulers, will try some of that first, as the hardware store is a drive away and I am going to enjoy my Grandson's visit for this long weekend.

Lyn

Archived