COUNTDOWN to MQX!!! - Headcount 1-2-3...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shana, I put Paula on the list.

Lisa, Michelle and Bev, are you guys joining us for dinner?

Georgene, Connie and everyone coming by train through Penn Station, New York please keep an eye on your belongings during the stop over. I've heard more that one account of bags/belongings being grabbed. There are also some marginal people that hang out there. Probably the same for Phili.

Anyone driving, the exits off the highway, I95 near and in Providence are a little crazy. Alot of the right hand lanes are exit only, the best thing to do is stay in the middle lane . An older GPS might not have the right coordinates as the roads have been changed in that area. If anyone gets lost just look for the Providence Place Mall, it has a really big sign.

Dianne

Barbara, I have you on the list.

I think we're up to 19-20 people so far. I'm calling this evening to make a reservation. I will make sure that I can add people on. I think there will be other groups going there as well, not to mention the general Providence population. It's a busy area, rebuilt maybe 10-12 years ago, they did a nice job.

Can't wait to see/meet everyone.

Dianne

Bev, great picture!!! I wonder where we put our bags on the train (business class), since we have to load them? Did you see the note to keep and eye on them at the stops? Hummm, wonder if I can find a long bungee cord (just kidding):o. Dianne, thanks for the info!!! Can't wait, this is going to be a long weekend.

I'm taking Karen McT's wholecloth design class and we are supposed to bring long rulers. Well, the long ruler I bought will not fit in my suitcase so I thought I would just buy a new one when I get there.

I have some time on Sunday and on Monday morning to do some shopping. Any suggestions on where to go find really long rulers?

I'm at the Westin, btw.... :)

Originally posted by DB

Laurie,

What kind/size ruler do you need and when is your class?

Dianne

Dianne - I was actually able to bend my ruler (it is very flexible!) to fit in my suitcase! If it survives the trip across the country, I'll be happy!

My class is on Tuesday and the ruler is (I think) 28" long.

I looked online and didn't find any fabric stores or quilt shops in Providence. Is that right?

Laurie,

I don't know of any quilting stores in Providence. There is a Joann's just over the border in Mass. but you would need a car. Let me know if you get stuck needing anything.

Connie,

I would just be a little more alert in New York. Especially if you have a lay over there. It's a big station. Lots of train tracks.I used to travel between New York and Providence alot, grew up in NYC. Once the train took off from NY I would read or sometimes doze. The rest of the stations are fine because they only stop long enough to load and unload passengers. There are some trains that have a longer stop in New Haven, CT. Sometimes you have to switch trains there depending if the train's final destination is Boston, then you're ok, or Springfield, MA. Then you switch.

We're up to 22 people for dinner Thursday! I have reservations already made for 22, I can add more on with a phone call.

Dianne

Kim, Sandra,

Our train is coming from Virginia, I think it's the Northeast Region route. I think we stop in Richmond, Washington DC,

Philly (Sandra, hop aboard, we'll be in business class and allowed 2 very large suitcases), NYC and Providence. We don't have to get off the train anywhere, it's straight through. Sandra, wish you could join us!!! Gotta get packing.

We'll post guard on our suitcases in the big cities, especially NYC.:o

Archived