Racks to hold rolls of batting

Does anyone have a rack of some sort that holds your rolls of batting (horizontally). I am thinking of some sort of rack with poles that will hold a couple different sizes of batting that can be rolled off on to my cutting table. Crawling around on the floor, manhandling those rolls is getting very OLD. Me Too! (getting old, that is) :>)

If anyone has something like that in their quilting room, could you send aw photo or the outlet where you got it? My hubby can build me one from wood if I can come up with a picture/design for him to look at.

In my mind it would be similar to an oversize floor type quilt rack.

Is this clear as mud??? Thanks for any help!

I can't remeber which magazine that came this past month. It had a studio with the batting roll mounted ont he wall and a pull out shelf that she pull out underneath the rolls that she could measure and cut the batting. I 'll look for it. I show it to my DH to add to the addtion we are adding to my studio!

WOW! That is awesome ! I'll show it to my DH and see what he says. He's pretty good at making things like that.

Will welcome any more pictures you guys can come up with, too.

I won't be getting anything built for a while. DH had emergency gallbladder surgery yesterday. He got to come home today and is doing well. We got it out just in time, as it was badly infected. He had severe pain, but no nausea. That was just a matter of days away though nand could have been very serious if all that infection passed into his body. So, I won't badger him about a batting rack or a while. :>) I'll have all my ideas and pictures ready though - just as soon as he is up to working in his shop again.

Thanks!

Thanks..........I am sure he will do fine if I can just keep him under control for a while and I don't beat him with a blunt object before this is over...........:>) He was just sure I had NEVER had any pain to compare (maybe not), but being in labor for hours and hours and giving birth twice counts right up there. I thought it best not to tell him that though. :P

If men had to endure 1/2 of what women do with our "friend" every month for 40+ years, childbirth, menopause and all that other fun stuff, they would throw in the towel and give up. But, we love 'em anyway. He's a good egg when he's not sick............those times, I'd rather be sick myself than endure his groaning and moaning. :D I'll be nice because I want my batting holder made !!! ;)

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

Holly, I must not be looking in the right place. I don't see any batting racks. What section are they in?

Under the green bar are some pictures. Look for the one with a couple of rolls of batting. It says "Roll/Batting Racks" under it.

post--13461903873261_thumb.jpg

The winter edition of IMQA "On Track" had an article with several ideas. They listed two sites: www.accomplisihquilting and www.displaysonline. The also mentioned using closet rod brackets attached to the studs as a possiblity.

Good luck on getting your hubby to make you one. I've had this article laid out in plain sight since it came hoping my woodworker husband would take the hint. I even emailed my son (who can weld) an idea with "hint, hint, hint for my birthday" last year and I'm still rasseling the rolls out of the shower stall to the floor for cutting.

DH made this for me - very inexpensive yet very effective and versatile. He nailed some reinforcing wood into a stud in the ceiling, then screwed in large screws. From there he has loops of rope. I have pvc pipe with cap ends through my batting rolls. The pvc pipe goes through the rope loop. I then have another set of rope loops to hang the next roll of batt. I have 4 rolls of batt hanging like this. The loops are adjustable to the size of the batt.

Julia

post--13461903873483_thumb.jpg

Archived