Just bought a Lenni!!!

I'm so excitied - I had to tell someone and who better than Lenni owners! I just ordered my new Lenni!!! I've been looking for a while, and this opportunity just presented itself this weekend. For any of you who live in/near Calgary, Alberta, Canada - MY LENNI will be the display machine at the APQS booth at Quilt Canada - I know she will do me proud. Anyway, I won't have her in my home for another few weeks, but after that, I may have lots of questions for you experts! I feel like an expectant parent! ;) I'm very confident that my APQS rep Matt (manquilter) will be a great support. :D Bev - happy, happy, happy!

Bev,

I know I've already told you this a number of times but here it goes again...

WELCOME TO THE APQS FAMILY!!! :)

You are going to be so happy with your new machine, and I will always be only a phone call away to walk you through any questions you have. I am sure you will find this forum is an excellent source for not only information but for new quilty friends as well.

I look forward to meeting you in person, setting your Lenni up and teaching you a few tricks.

See you in Calgary.

Darlene, I'm ashamed of you for not knowing when Quilt Canada is. ;P LMAO!

Again, thanks for the warm welcome ladies . . . and gentlemen!!! I'm looking forward to making lots of online friends! My Lenni is going to have such a great home . . . ;) and with such a great extended family, how can it be better!! Take care everyone . . . Matt . . . I'm thinking you have a fan club - lol :)

Congratulations Bev! My Lenni arrived just over a month ago and I absolutely LOVE it! I have completed 4 "Jimmy Quilts" for a local quilt shop charity... a wonderful experience and great opportunity to get lots of practice! Enjoy your new machine! Maureen

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my Lenni is all set up and in her new home thanks to Matt and his lovely wife. I think Lenni did very well at Quilt Canada - I was kind of proud ;) I just love it, and am so happy with my decision to buy. Now I just need to practice, practice, practice until I'm a bit more comfortable. :D Any little hints would sure be appreciated, although, it is so easy to use!!!

GO to Ikea and buy a bolt of muslin ($1.99/M) Load half as the back and the other half as the top and start playing. Keep the regulator on as it will help train your muscle memory. Start with something easy and fun like leaves or flowers and quilt them from one end to the other. They don't need to look perfect, we are only teaching your muscles at this point. Once your body picks it's speed, your quilting will flow with ease and new designs will come naturally.

Start doodling on paper a lot! While you're on the phone, at the doctors office, every chance you get! Pick your favorite doodles and practice them on Lenni over and over again.

I can't stress enough how important it is to stitch for at least 10 minutes every day. You skills will grow by leaps and bounds in no time. Gather up all your questions over the next couple weeks and bring them to the free beginner's class I will teach you. Call me when you're ready and we will set that appointment.

Call me if you have any questions at all. We'll have you finishing off your quilt tops in no time.

Hi Bev, Welcome to the insane world of quilting, laughs, admirations, kudos, prayers, and the fun.. and sometimes frustrations..

Congratulations on the Lenni, I think I've had mine 3 years this fall. Love it still struggle with some things which I like to blame on age or medicines.. lol

Two things to remember, first is always breathe, and second, try to relax as you maneuver the machine.. it will make much smoother lines.

Again, Welcome, enjoy and have Loads of fun,

RitaR

Archived