New to the Forum and Searching

I have just joined and do hope that I am doing this correctly...

There is a show in Denver at the end of the month and I am hoping that there will be an APQS booth there so that I can check the systems out. And I will also be searching at MQS next month. I know what I want in my next system but my major concern, currently, is how customer service is handled. I live in Wyoming and there is no dealer here, from what I can see. It is IMPERATIVE to me to be able to have good, effective, clear and caring and consistent communication from my dealer or from the company I purchase from.

Is it okay to ask how customer service is with APQS, here? :)

Jude in WY (still figuring out how to do the avatar and signature thing...)

Well, in my humble opinion, I think APQS rocks in customer service. Can you make HMQS in Sandy, UT May 6,7 & 8th? APQS will have a booth there along with Myrna Ficken and Karen McTavish working the booth in between their classes.

I live in SLC and while there may not be a APQS rep right in WY there are several of us that are in neighboring states. UT,

Colorado etc. Also, you can call APQS at their 1-800 number and they are always glad to help you with any question or concern. We're a friendly, happy group that love and are proud of our machines.

Hi Betty! Thanks for the response. No, I won't be going to the Utah show but we will be at MQS for the week taking classes, as well as popping into the Denver show on the Saturday. My concern is *how* customer service is handled. Do the dealers take the calls and help or would I have to call the company techs? When is the best time to call...during business hours? And how are different time zones handled? Perhaps that sounds strange but it is has been an issue for me. :D

Jude

This forum is perhaps the most valuable part of the APQS help network. The forum is viewed constantly by world-wide APQS reps who jump in with solutions, encouragement, and support. With their knowledge they can step you through solutions and also can advise if a there may be a hardware problem which needs attention from the factory. The forum is also monitored by APQS employees who jump in when necessary.

When you call Iowa for help, rest assured that you will be contacted soon, if the phone isn't answered by a live person! They are available during business hours and strive to give quick call-backs.

You are in the midst of the APQS fan club here with happy owners and potential owners. And don't forget the welcome extended to any interested party--whether they run another brand machine or have no machine yet.

I was pondering the other day how many customer service hours are saved by this forum. It must be hundred of hours a year. The FAQ section here is a goldmine of help as well.

Have a great time finding the machine that is your perfect fit. I found mine!

Jude,

If customer service is what you are looking for, you have definitely found the right company. When I purchased my first machine (Lenni) I had a couple of problems with tension & thread breaking issues. I was very inexperienced and was quite frusterated. I posted a question about my difficulties on this forum and had several responses right away from other APQS owners. That afternoon I received a phone call from Dawn Cavanaugh (who is amazing) who walked me through my problems over the phone. She was so patient and kind. She is a real jem. In fact, she even gave me her cell phone number so I could contact her if I was having difficulties again. Now that is service.

Another example just happened this week. I was having difficulties with my fabric advance (it was 1:30 AM) went through my manual and couldn't find an answer so I posted in the forum and sent an email off to my dealer (who is in a different state about 2.5 hrs away). I did not expect an answer until the morning. Barb (my dealer) emailed me back within 10 minutes. We emailed back and forth until 2 AM!!!!

The next day Amy (who is also amazing) was able to troubleshoot my problem over the phone. My fabric advance was up and running and I couldn't be happier with the service that APQS provides. Their customer service does not end the day you purchase your machine (which I have had happen with other dealers).

Try out the machines and if the machine that fits you is an APQS you will not be let down by their customer service.

Good luck machine shopping and I hope to see you at MQS,

Lisa:)

This makes me smile. :) I am not an inexperienced user and I have a little business that I want to grow and eventually add a second machine to. I am looking for a company that will offer good service and from what I am reading here seems to show that APQS uses many avenues for helping and that is exactly what I need. This does seem like a very helpful forum. To be able to find that and as well as find a company that believes in *me* as much as I want to believe in them is what I want. I do not want to be held back. It may be that I don't need help very often but when I do it is because I really need it! LOL! I am tired of being held back by ineffectual customer service. I give good customer service so I expect it. Unfortunately, one can do all their *homework* but in my experience you really don't know what you have gotten yourself into until you jump in. Very disheartening at times.

Does a dealer set the systems up or is it possible to do it oneself?

Jude

Originally posted by JudeM

....It is IMPERATIVE to me to be able to have good, effective, clear and caring and consistent communication from my dealer or from the company I purchase from......

Yes indeed you should expect all of these things and more when investing in this equipment. :)

(Shana who lives way up in the middle of God forsaken nowhere Alaska)

Originally posted by JudeM

Does a dealer set the systems up or is it possible to do it oneself?

Jude

You can choose either. My husband and I set my machine up and had no difficulties in doing so. Took approximately 4 hours. I am in the middle of nowhere and love having this forum to refer to. I had a simple question on setup at 3 am...and someone responded right away and I was off and running in no time.

Try the APQS machines out and find what is right for you. You can't go wrong in my opinion. :)

Jude,

Kristina is right. It is very possible to set up the system yourself as the manual is very well written. If you choose to have your dealer set it up I believe it is a $500.00 charge.

You sound experienced enough that you could easily do it yourself if you choose. An extra set of hands is sooooo necessary in my opinion. Like Kristina, my hubby and I set it up ourselves and it took about the same amount of time.

Jude are you taking the Wholecloth design class with Adam?

I think there is a Jude in my class, just wondering if you are one and the same.

Good luck,

Lisa:)

Yes, that's me! And I should be doing *homework* today but it is actually warm and sunny here in Wyoming and we are outside tramping in the melting ice in the garden. Just came in for a peanut butter sandwich. LOL!

And after this very long winter I would rather do that than draw. ;)

My hubby and I are experienced in that we have set up my former quilting systems and if there is a manual that would be a treat! :)

I sure do appreciate all the feedback here. Thank you so much. :)

Jude

Just an example of the helpful community here--another post today was a call for help with a fly wheel that wouldn't turn--the machine was frozen and humming (straining). Several suggestions from forum members for solutions were posted and then Mark from APQS added another suggestion. And it's Sunday! I love APQS.

All I can say, Jude, is ditto. I arranged to purchase my George machine through a dealer in an adjacent state since there were none in Arizona at that time. I never met her in person but we worked well together by telephone. My George arrived in 2 weeks and in 2 parts: the head and the cabinet. Two wing nuts hold them together. Of course, a frame system set-up will be much more involved but if the forum folks say that you can do it, then you can! Even though I have a sit-down, push-through machine, I have found the information on the forum invaluable. There is a tremendous amount of experience here and everyone seems very willing to help. From a creative standpoint, the photos shared here have been an inspiration. I have also had telephone dealings with Amy (one of the techs in Iowa). She was incredibly patient & worked with me until my issue was completely resolved. I too, have heard personally from Dawn Cavanaugh who is a gem. This is a great company for customer service...if you choose apqs, you won't be disappointed. Welcome to the forum WHATEVER you decide to do. Nancy in Tucson

I think we hit just about every time zone on this forum, so you should be able to "talk" to someone no matter what time you write in with a problem. Of course, going directly to APQS is often the best advise, or contacting your dealer, but problems too often hit at odd hours, or on holidays when these people are not at work. This forum is really a wonderful place to come for whatever is on your mind, whether you have a machine problem, or need consolation because of a non quilt related problem, or you have great news to share. Stick around a while and you'll see. ;)

Hawaii, here. I have had my machine for 3 years and have only had to use Amy (APQS Tech) in the set-up period (we did it ourselves). Amy walked us through issues over the phone during the "adjustment" period - very patient, knowlegeable and RESPONSIVE.

I agree with Linda, this forum is the greatest and there is always someone around to help with longarm quilting issues!

I had an HQ16 and didn't like its limitations, so after a lot of agonizing I chose the Millenium and haven't regretted it. The nearest dealer to me is 3 hours away, and I didn't care. There's so much information on this site, not just with machine problems, but quilting suggestions. Even if you don't choose APQS stayon the forum. Good luck with your choice.

Well I can tellyou it is great here and the customer service is great! I am a novice and I bought a machine about three months ago. Put the machine together with my husbands help and had all my questions answered here quickly when I have them. Enjoy and feel confidant that all will work out well when you stay in touch with this forum.

Archived