MQS 2010

Mary Beth

Okay....I think it is close enough for us to talk about.....

MQS is just around the corner!!! Woo-Hooo!!!

I have the sign made to go on the table. Although I will not be there much, I will drop the sign off at the Information booth upstairs. If someone can pick it up on Monday morning and take it to the table, that would be very much appreciated. Jackie Latham has said we can leave it there so look for Jackie, I'm sure if she is off running around (she is such a busy lady) someone will be able to give it to you.

Hopefully everyone has signed up for classes by now and you got just the classes you wanted.

Shopping, shopping, shopping!!! Like kids in a candy store....get ready!!!

And the best part....the breath taking quilts.

So, who is attending???

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be there Tuesday. I am bringing my Auntie Dee with me. It will be her first trip to MQS. She is a prolific piecer..and just getting into the quilting portion of it, but will be attending 2 of the 3 classes with me.

She is a dear, and so much fun to be with. I know you will all enjoy meeting her. She's goofy, fun...fun to just be around!

I can't wait.

Are we going out to dinner Tues Nite Mary Beth? And, were we all going out fri nite too ????then sneaking back to see who wins viewers choice? Or...what's the plan ..."Oh Mistress of MQS....." LOL!

I'll be arriving Monday, just in time for my 1:00 PM class. Then I have a 6:00 PM class, too! I think I should bring a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter so that I can have something to eat between classes. :D No time to go out to dinner! I'll be there until Thursday afternoon and the rest of my days aren't booked as tight as Monday. I just had to take Claudia's class and Monday was the only day that it worked for me. If you go to dinner on Tuesday I would love to be included. Where will be APQS table be located? I looked for it last year but didn't see it.

I will be there on Sunday. I am bringing a local friend that is also a longarmer and Mom will be joining us a the airport. My friend and I had an impromptu MQS planning party this morning in my studio. Lots of classes for me and my friend, but none for Mom. So, if you see a lady sitting by herself doing applique go up and say hi.

I'll be flying in directly from HQMS on Sunday at 1pm - so there won't be any jet-lag for me for this part of the trip LOL

I'll be teaching one class each from Monday till Thursday but will make sure to stop by the APQS table frequently.

At this point, Tuesday nigh dinner sounds great.

Can't wait to get on that west-bound plane this coming Monday morning...

See you all really soon,

Birgit

I'll be arriving Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. And of course, collecting an overdue hug from Patty Jo.

My quilt goes out tomorrow. After hearing Heidi's story about the shipping, I'm almost afraid to ship it out.

I remember the first year I entered. I walked around a corner and there was my quilt, hanging in the company of so many amazing quilts. I just stood there and somebody came up to look at it. I handed my camera to the lady and asked her to take my photo standing next to my quilt. She was so nice and actually congratulated me as if I was a winner. And I felt like a winner.

See you there.

I arrive on Sunday afternoon around 4, pick up a rental car, then head to town. I will be in the APQS classroom all day Monday - I volunteered to be the "Service Tech." for the day - keep the machines happy and help the teachers when I can.

Tuesday night for dinner sounds great to me - I have wheels so can carry those who don't. I'm in class until 5, so after that, puhleeze!

Glenda, I have some blue ribbon - not as fancy as last year, but it'll work. Do you want me to bring it?

I don't leave until Saturday after quilt distribution - I have three in the show, so I guess I'll have to stand in line! PJ, wasn't I supposed to pick up one of yours too?

Yes, Tuesday evening is a dinner date!!! We will go someplace really good. Friday night I am bringing DH with me and we are dining with Kay and Michael. I'm hoping to be back in time to see the big reveal, but if not...I'm sure you all will tell me what happened. Looking forward to spending time with old friends...not that you all are old ;) and meeting those of you who have just come on board. It's getting close!!!

I am arriving Thursday then leaving on Saturday. I am taking class #517 and 533. This is my first trip to this show. I can hardly wait. My Mom and I will be driving so we will have lots of room to bring back new toys and batting. I have begun the countdown...13 more days 'till we leave.

Ladies, the APQS chat table, has always been the closest table to the exit doors, downstairs below the information booth's where you pick up your schedules, etc.

Go down the escalator and keep walking straight a head.

LAST table! There's always the APQS chat sign, blue ribbon's left on the table..and "usually" there is someone sitting there..either in between classes...or just waiting to meet someone!

Be sure to "sign" the APQS chat board!!!!

See ya on Tues afternoon gals!!

Thanks, Sheri! Now I know why I couldn't find the APQS table - I never went downstairs! I was at MQS last year for the first time, and only for one day. I had my Millie for just 2 months at the time, everything was new to me, and I mostly walked around in awe, with my mouth hanging open. :D

I am looking forward to meeting more of you this year. I meet quite a few people from the forum last year, but I never actually sat down at the table and talked.

Have fun at dinner on Tuesday! I volunteered to help hang the quilts for the show so I will be busy fondling all of your quilts. :)

I am coming too! I will be there on Thurs afternoon throuh Sat. A couple friends are coming with me too. We are so pumped! When I showed them the vendors mall, they about died! And the beautiful quilts! will look for you all at the APQS chat table.

I too will be there with 2 friends who are long armers. I went last year and met some of the APQS forum buddies, but am looking forward to meeting more. I now have a longarm machine, where as last year I was just a wannabe.! We will be there Tues through Thurs. this year. Can't wait to see all the wonderful quilting and learn some new techniques. Dar

It looks like I'm coming to MQS. I'm so happy about it.....

I hope to see all of you. Keep me posted on plans for a get together. I haven't gotten to go in two years and I'm so looking forward to it. I'm driving so a long days trip and I can't wait.

Hugs and CYA there.

Grammie Tammie

I'm there on an off throughout the week starting with a Monday eve class but, won't be there on Tuesday. When I'm not in a class I'm planning to still do my full time job. And, the week just got busier as my husband is retiring as of 5/14 so, sometime I need to plan a retirement party at his job though, I may postpone for a week.

Yahoo! Yahoo! I get to go to MQS this year! I thought I was having surgery the week of MQS but realized it's the week after MQS. My partner in crime, Tracye Quinlan, and I have decided to break out and head for Kansas. I haven't been for a couple of years so my excitement is hard to contain. Now to sign up and register for classes. See ya there! (Please pray for no tornados or bad weather as we cross tornado alley!!!)

AWESOME BARB. ARe you flying? I head down 50 Monday morning and plan to drive. I'm not sure when I will leave to be honest but it is looking like Sunday. If I've had enough I will head out early. Sharing a room with Deb my friend from Illinois.

We can at least be on our path with each other if you drive. Let me know and lets exchange CELL PHONES

Save some time for me. OK!!!!

I'm sorry there wasn't time to arrange going together. My poor planning this year. I was so sure that I wasn't going. I have to drive as I have a detour trip on the way home and PETS to delivery and pick up. The kenneling is costing a small fortune but hey its the only way I can go. I don't leave them just anywhere. lol

Hugs Grammie

Archived