Sister's Choice block swap (number two)

i'm going to go ahead and post the yardage for the next block swap. we are doing 15" finished blocks with KONA COTTON BLACK and jewel toned quilt shop quality batiks....

we are using Kona Black because it has consistant color lots from bolt to bolt and widely available to all areas...

i have designed a quilt layout for this one....

YARDAGE

Kona Cotton Black (it has to be Kona Cotton Black by Robert Kaufman) 1 yard for the swap blocks only.....if you want to do the quilt layout you will need an additonal 2 1/2 yds for a TOTAL of 3 1/2yds (sashings and one border)

color one- 5/8yd (half square 'points')

color two 1/2 yd

color three 1/2yd

color four 1/2yd

color five 1/8 yd

i'm not going to post directions for the block til the end of June,

here's the quilt:

post--13461904093066_thumb.jpg

Mary...you would make 12 blocks identical to each other...using Kona cotton black and quilt shop quality batiks (Timeless Treasures, Princess Mirah, Hoffman, etc) and follow the sewing directions for the block and send all 12 to Shannon for her to swap...and she would send you 12 blocks in return. The blocks generally do not have to follow the picture...unless she asks for a specific color in a certain position.

I am certain that Shannon will post all the directions at the end of June...just as she said. :)

Shannon-

Count me in on this one too. The blocks from the last one were delightful.

In the mean time, I'm working on the 100 Jewel Tone Siggy Swap. I'm still looking for swappers and would love for anyone to join.

Piecrust, aka Vickie

www.quarterinchseam.com

thanks to kristina for answering all the questions.....

there are five colors in the blocks, plus the black background. i posted so early because i ordered my black from Hancock's of Paducah and they were back ordered and it took a while to get here...you can use any combination of colors and place them where ever you want to, as long as they are quilt shop quality batiks in jewel tones....i'll go make a quicky .pdf ....

the fabric requirements are for the blocks only (except where i noted the extra black needed for the setting) i will post the yardage for the quilt when i post the written directions....i wanted to show the quilt to entice participants...

blockswap2 predirections.pdf

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

And remember...if you are doing Vickie's siggy swap...you might want to buy a couple of yards of Kona white too! :)

i went to that website or blog - did that really say 100 blocks? :o i was hallucinating again, wasn't i? it is surprising cause i usually only hallucinate when i drink martinis. havent had a martini in months~ ok - weeks~ ok - a week. ;)

i am a slowpoke. i cant imagine making 100 blocks. :o i

think i'll stick with shannons more reasonable number, thanks!

And remember...if you are doing Vickie's siggy swap...you might want to buy a couple of yards of Kona white too! :)

i did the math....you need two yards of white for vicky's swap....and 2 1/4 yds for the fabric in the corners...

in case you are on a game show and they ask....:P

I ordered fabric from Hancocks of Paducah (two weeks ago) and it was on back order. Got it on Tuesday of this week. When it goes on sale, you gotta be quick.

Can't do 100 siggy blocks? Friend Erica cut hers out last Saturday and was finished on Sunday. Chain piece those babies and put that pedal in "rabbit" mode.

Here's an idea, split it with a friend.

Later-

Piecrust, aka Vickie

www.quarterinchseam.com

Originally posted by piecrust

Can't do 100 siggy blocks? Friend Erica cut hers out last Saturday and was finished on Sunday. Chain piece those babies and put that pedal in "rabbit" mode.

Here's an idea, split it with a friend.

Later-

Piecrust, aka Vickie

www.quarterinchseam.com

sorry, but no can do. the thought of making 100 of the same block..oy! not to mention i have a severe tremor - its benign but a PITQA - so i would probably have to make 200 just to get 100 signatures that can be read! i have to say this sounds so cool, though. 100 blocks all signed by various quilters from all over. wish i could, but i know myself and i cant!!!! :(

Bonnie..there are 5 colors for the block...plus black (thus making 6). I am guessing the sixth one you see is the lime green for the setting stars. That one is NOT part of the block swap.

Yup. That lime green is what I saw. Hmm. Wonder if I can squeeze time to join in - it would be fun.

Archived