Coming out of lurkdom

cantresh

Hello,

I have been lurking for quite some time, and thought I would post finally. I love looking at all of the quilts you guys post, and have used many of the hints and tips and tricks that I find here. I am planning a trip to the Berkshires in the fall, and am wondering if anyone knows of any really cool quilt shops to visit while there.

Susan Hamilton

Proud owner of a Millie (affectionately called The Beast)

Welcome Susan!

I have never shopped for fabric in the Berkshires, but they are beautiful! I drive through them ALL THE TIME taking my son to Boston for tournaments. Your post makes me wonder...:o how in the world is it that I have never bought, or even thought of shopping for anything quilty on ANY of these trips? :o This is not my usual style. I'll have to ponder this occurance some more.... :o

Where are you located? Will you be driving in or flying?

Oh - here's an idea - plan your Berkshire's trip so you can come to Camp Sonrise on your way in or out of town. That's something seriously quilty going on in the area this fall.

Welcome again!

Susan,

Welcome out of Lurkdom. There are several good shops in that area. Bonnie B. lives near the Berkshires so she can probably tell you where they all are. I know there is one right off Exit 2 in Mass. Pumpkin Patch I think. There is another one around there that I haven't made it to yet but I hear it is wonderful. I can't remember the name of it, it is a name I think. Bonnie will chime in I'm sure.

You should definitely look into Camp Sonrise. It is going to be in Oct. Go to Deloa's Website for details. It will be well worth the trip!!!! http://deloasquiltshop.com/campsonrise2010.html

WOOOO three of my favorites are all in the Berkshires....There is Tala's Quilt shop located in the Historical section of North Adams, Ma, actually under the road down by the railroad tracks., and then just over the mountain east is, A Notion to Quilt located at 623 Mohawk Trail Shelburne Falls, MA and lastly a tiny tiny shop in Lee...Pumpkin Patch Quilts 58 W Center St Lee MA

Hope your stay in the Berk's a pleasant one...they are so pretty at this time of year...but the fall is the best of all.:P

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies,

I posted this, then couldn't find it again. Thanks for all of your answers. I will write them down to take with me on vacation. I'm still trying to figure out how to edit my profile. Guess I just have to play around some with it all. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I see where you guys meet up on trips and hope that by being more active, I'll feel brave enough to do that as well someday.

Susan Hamilton

Millie

Grand Prairie, TX

I won't be able to make the workshop with Deloa, we are flying in on the 15th of Oct. I am sure hoping that the trees will be turning. This will be my 4th trip to NE in the fall. The first time I came with one of my brothers, who lived there at the time. We rented a motorhome and drove all over the place. We stayed at Acadia National Park one night and at Moosehead Lake one night. It was the perfect time that time. The 2nd time, I came with my MIL and we stayed in Vermont, and had to drive south to see the trees. I was able to visit Shelburne Museum on that trip. Still think about that place! The 3rd time was in NH, and this time I hope to take in some of easter NY as well. I've been researching, and think the Finger Lakes region might be eye candy for the soul. My current husband (of 2 years) has never been to this part of the country, and I'm sure he will be impressed. I can't wait! And thank you Bonnie for the quilt shops. I have written them down and they are in my wallet. I'm hoping to see old Sturbridge Village this time. My MO is to buy fabric and then take it home and a quilt becomes one of my souvenirs. I still have one that I'm working on from my trip to NH, where I visited Keepsake Quilting. I picked up fabric for the center of a medallion quilt - that looked like NE, and am adding some applique around it on a light colored fabric. That is slowing me down, I'm kind of a machine person, but this is hand applique. Thanks for the welcomes ladies, hope to participate more!

Susan,

You can never tell exactly when peak is around here. Normal used to be early to mid Oct. but there have a been a few years lately when it is Sept. I'm hoping mid Oct. this year. Too bad you weren't here just a little earlier. Camp with Deloa will be just awesome!

Bonnie I still haven't been to Talla's but I've heard so many good things about it. I need to get time to take a ride. I've been to Pumpkin Patch and it is very nice.

Archived