aurifil invisible thread

are you talking about Aurifil cotton thread 50 wt. or the Invisifil clear thread 100 wt?

I have used both, the Aurifil 40 wt works well. I have used it in the top and in the bottom with no problem. You just need to get the tension adjusted well.

I have also used the clear colored Invisifil (new thread out) in both top and bottom. I did a center panel of hollyhock stalks with Invisifil in the top and in the bobbin. I filled the bobbin full and didn't use all of it, the panel was about 36 x 45 and pretty closely quilted around the flowers. I had at least 4 borders around that center panel and changed to So Fine in the bobbin with Invisifil still in the top. I used a full bobbin in just one and a half border with a pretty open design. For all the borders I used at least 4-5 bobbins and the designs were not close fill style.

I would use Invisifil for most anything on top and in the bobbin. It worked great for me. My tension was about the same as I use for the Aurifil 40 wt cotton.

Originally posted by Neher-in-law5

are you talking about Aurifil cotton thread 50 wt. or the Invisifil clear thread 100 wt?

I would use Invisifil for most anything on top and in the bobbin. It worked great for me. My tension was about the same as I use for the Aurifil 40 wt cotton.

thanks for your answers!

I'm talking about the invisible clear thread. I'll try as you say : tob and bottom and check the tension.

I otherwise quilt with 50 or 40 polyester thread, and like it very much.

You can have a look on my blog : http://lesouvragesdenat.canalblog.com

thanks again and have a nice day

Nat:)

Originally posted by Neher-in-law5

I have used both, the Aurifil 40 wt works well. I have used it in the top and in the bottom with no problem. You just need to get the tension adjusted well.

I have also used the clear colored Invisifil (new thread out) in both top and bottom.

Aurifil was promoting their "new" monofilament at MQX. It seemd quite popular as they were only taking advaced orders.

I think Matt (manquilter) might be able to answer your questions as I think he might have used it.

I have not tried it yet but would treat it like any other fine monofilament thread and reduce the tension.

Invisafil is made by a different company and their thread is awesome. I have only used it on invisible machine applique and haven't had a chance to try it on the longarm.

They are just two different monofilament threads that work give similar results. The only difference I personally have noticed is that the invisafil by Wonderfil can be wound fully on the bobbin without problems and because of the different colour choices it really does bled a little better than the clear or smoke coloured monofilaments that I have tried JMHO.:)

Good luck with your Aurifil monofilament, I bet it has been around Europe longer than it has been in North America.

I love Aurifil cotton 50 wt so I am sure the monofilament is also a great thread.

Lisa:)

Thanks, Lisa, I didn't know that Aurifil made an invisible thread. I have just used the Invisifil by Wonderfil a couple of times and do like it. It goes a long way and looks nice. I used it yesterday on the domestic machine and it worked well there too. The first try was on George and I didn't have any problems.

Originally posted by lisalnewman

[

Aurifil was promoting their "new" monofilament at MQX. It seemd quite popular as they were only taking advaced orders.

I think Matt (manquilter) might be able to answer your questions as I think he might have used it.

I have not tried it yet but would treat it like any other fine monofilament thread and reduce the tension.

Invisafil is made by a different company and their thread is awesome. I have only used it on invisible machine applique and haven't had a chance to try it on the longarm.

They are just two different monofilament threads that work give similar results. The only difference I personally have noticed is that the invisafil by Wonderfil can be wound fully on the bobbin without problems and because of the different colour choices it really does bled a little better than the clear or smoke coloured monofilaments that I have tried JMHO.:)

Good luck with your Aurifil monofilament, I bet it has been around Europe longer than it has been in North America.

I love Aurifil cotton 50 wt so I am sure the monofilament is also a great thread.

Lisa:)

Thanks! I will try it as soon as I receive my order and will share with you all my first impressions!

Nat

Hi.

I got it at MQX also and have not had success YET. It was shipped with a tight thread sock on it, then plastic wrap around that. I threaded my APQS Liberty with it - and the thread sock on - and it did not feed well at all. I took the sock off and it was way too loose. I did not have time to experiment so I went back to my old stand-by.

I contacted the vendor and she suggested looser tension and no sock. I have not tried that yet. She got her info from a Gammill owner and they talked about intermittent tensioners. We don't have that so, honestly, I dismissed it all. One day when I have time and patience to play.

Good luck.

Lisa Burghart

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

New Jersey

Originally posted by anniquilter

Nat

I enjoyed your blog, but, boy! it challenged my English-schoolgirl French which is clearly nothing like as good as your English!

Let us know how that thread works. I love Aurifil's cottons.

lol! Thanks Anne!

I sure will! Still waiting for it though! I can't wait to get it!

Originally posted by anniquilter

Nat

I enjoyed your blog, but, boy! it challenged my English-schoolgirl French which is clearly nothing like as good as your English!

Let us know how that thread works. I love Aurifil's cottons.

lol! Thanks Anne!

I sure will! Still waiting for it though! I can't wait to get it!

Archived