Time-saving tips?

I can't say this is really time saving, but is definitely thread saving. I use a lot of Rasant and prefer to purchase this in small spools of many colours, but I found that when less than 1/4 full, the almost empty spool pops off my bobbin winder whilst trying to wind a bobbin. To try and prevent wasting thread, I put a spool holder from my domestic machine on the top of the spool and it stopped it from coming off! I have a Janome 9000 with small and large spool holders, just use whichever fits your spool of thread. I found that the bobbin still wound properly, no problems!

Shelley

Originally posted by bizybess

I quilt just for me so I don't have the experience of most everyone else on this forum. Almost all I know I learned here or on other forums. Well, anyway I stumbled on my tip last week while putting in a quilt for my son. As usual my ironing surface was-shall we say "untidy" and I had to seam the back and no where to iron the seam open. I tossed the back over my backing roller with the seam up along the length of the roller. It was like a really long skinny ironing board and I did not have to wrestle the extra fabric on either side of the seam. Ironing took about a minute and the back was right there ready to be pinned on.

That's a terrific tip! I would probably never have thought of it but definitely be using it now.

Originally posted by bizybess

I quilt just for me so I don't have the experience of most everyone else on this forum. Almost all I know I learned here or on other forums. Well, anyway I stumbled on my tip last week while putting in a quilt for my son. As usual my ironing surface was-shall we say "untidy" and I had to seam the back and no where to iron the seam open. I tossed the back over my backing roller with the seam up along the length of the roller. It was like a really long skinny ironing board and I did not have to wrestle the extra fabric on either side of the seam. Ironing took about a minute and the back was right there ready to be pinned on.

That's a terrific tip! I would probably never have thought of it but definitely be using it now.

Archived