HELP!! My Liberty is out of control!

mrsbishwit

My machine just got back from the factory, spa treatment and I have been quilting with it all week, no problem it has been perfect have done 5 quilts so far since it's been back and I am in the middle of a large queen quilt now and when I finished a panto row, advanced the quilt then parked the machine briefly off to the side to read my e-mail the machine went into a reved up mad machine speeding at high speeds, the buttons would not turn it off finally got it to stop by turning the off switch on the back of the machine but when I flipped the switch back on it was racing again as if it never stopped!....What do I do? I just spent a lot of $$ to have a spa treatment and now it is acting as though it is possessed! It never acted this way before the spa treatment.

My machine just got back from the factory, spa treatment and I have been quilting with it all week, no problem it has been perfect have done 5 quilts so far since it's been back and I am in the middle of a large queen quilt now and when I finished a panto row, advanced the quilt then parked the machine briefly off to the side to read my e-mail the machine went into a reved up mad machine speeding at high speeds, the buttons would not turn it off finally got it to stop by turning the off switch on the back of the machine but when I flipped the switch back on it was racing again as if it never stopped!....What do I do? I just spent a lot of $$ to have a spa treatment and now it is acting as though it is possessed! It never acted this way before the spa treatment.

After reading Tracy's post about her Lenni, I am also thinking/ hoping it is just a loose wire connection to the circuit boards.

There was a loose wire in the front handles that prevented the light from working when I first got it back, a wire worked itself out of one of the twist caps. Hopefully it will also be an easy fix, have to wait until DH gets home he is out with his buddies tonight. :(

After reading Tracy's post about her Lenni, I am also thinking/ hoping it is just a loose wire connection to the circuit boards.

There was a loose wire in the front handles that prevented the light from working when I first got it back, a wire worked itself out of one of the twist caps. Hopefully it will also be an easy fix, have to wait until DH gets home he is out with his buddies tonight. :(

Well DH just got done looking "under the hood" and there is no loose wire connection. He thinks that it is a bad circuit board, especially since there have been several others on the board since March also complaining about the boards as well, my DH seems to think that APQS might have gotten in a bad batch of boards, he says it happens sometimes (at least it does in the computer world especially if the boards are comming from China).

We will be calling APQS first thing in the morning and hopefully they will resolve this quickly.

Well DH just got done looking "under the hood" and there is no loose wire connection. He thinks that it is a bad circuit board, especially since there have been several others on the board since March also complaining about the boards as well, my DH seems to think that APQS might have gotten in a bad batch of boards, he says it happens sometimes (at least it does in the computer world especially if the boards are comming from China).

We will be calling APQS first thing in the morning and hopefully they will resolve this quickly.

Talked to Christy this morning. and after checking a few wires (all are tight and where they should be) Christy & Amy think that my circuit boards went bad. They are shipping me new ones today should have them Tuesday/wednesday at the latest.

Looks like I will have a chance to work on some swap blocks this weekend.

Talked to Christy this morning. and after checking a few wires (all are tight and where they should be) Christy & Amy think that my circuit boards went bad. They are shipping me new ones today should have them Tuesday/wednesday at the latest.

Looks like I will have a chance to work on some swap blocks this weekend.

Joann

My wires seemed firm too but I can't have inserted the 3 black wires (1 of which is from the optical sensor) that go into the lower right a or b screw on the complex green plug quite right so they can't have been making the contact properly because when I undid them & put them back the machine started to work properly.

Amy had had me tug on those wires several times. It was only me being too impatient to wait for Amy's office hours that made me undo those 3 black wires again and re-doing them worked. When I replaced the optical sensor it was the only wire I'd had to change that had more than 1 wires going in to that screw.

Hope you get it working very soon.

Joann

My wires seemed firm too but I can't have inserted the 3 black wires (1 of which is from the optical sensor) that go into the lower right a or b screw on the complex green plug quite right so they can't have been making the contact properly because when I undid them & put them back the machine started to work properly.

Amy had had me tug on those wires several times. It was only me being too impatient to wait for Amy's office hours that made me undo those 3 black wires again and re-doing them worked. When I replaced the optical sensor it was the only wire I'd had to change that had more than 1 wires going in to that screw.

Hope you get it working very soon.

anniquilter,

I was able to quilt 5 1/2 quilts this past week since my machine came back from the factory, everything was going fine than 1/2 way through the quilt on my machine now when it was parked off the quilt it started to stitch a couple of times/surging (like it does when the gold screw needs to be adjusted) but then it just started racing at max speed, I was no where near the machine and it never happened before. From what I was told this was probably the moement that a circuit went bad on one of the boards.

My DH (the computer geek he is ;)) told me that circuit boards have what is called a burn time, basically if the board is bad it will go bad after "X" amount of hours of running time after being installed. There is no way of knowing if a board is bad before hand or not but he says that it is not uncommon to have 65% good boards and the rest bad from a batch of circuit boards from time to time.

I am thinking since so many have had issues with boards recently perhaps APQS recieved a bad batch of boards (hopefully they are contacting their supplier to inform them).

It may be frustrating but it's part of the electronic world we live in and APQS is really good about resolving these type of issues and like Christy told me this morning they guarentee the parts and work that is done on our machines so I am confident that my machine will be back up and running in no time.

anniquilter,

I was able to quilt 5 1/2 quilts this past week since my machine came back from the factory, everything was going fine than 1/2 way through the quilt on my machine now when it was parked off the quilt it started to stitch a couple of times/surging (like it does when the gold screw needs to be adjusted) but then it just started racing at max speed, I was no where near the machine and it never happened before. From what I was told this was probably the moement that a circuit went bad on one of the boards.

My DH (the computer geek he is ;)) told me that circuit boards have what is called a burn time, basically if the board is bad it will go bad after "X" amount of hours of running time after being installed. There is no way of knowing if a board is bad before hand or not but he says that it is not uncommon to have 65% good boards and the rest bad from a batch of circuit boards from time to time.

I am thinking since so many have had issues with boards recently perhaps APQS recieved a bad batch of boards (hopefully they are contacting their supplier to inform them).

It may be frustrating but it's part of the electronic world we live in and APQS is really good about resolving these type of issues and like Christy told me this morning they guarentee the parts and work that is done on our machines so I am confident that my machine will be back up and running in no time.

Archived